Author Topic: 1st Day at work after going Sly!  (Read 7323 times)

Offline Clean79

• Sly Guy in Training
1st Day at work after going Sly!
« on: June 25, 2012, 06:58:51 AM »
Ok, went Sly on Fri & today is day 1 @ work. Interestingly enough, I've only had one comment & a couple stares but the day is very young lol. My job allows me the privilege of interacting Withh a 100 people or so throughout my day so this should get interesting.

First comment was from a store manager who just smiled the first couple times that we passed each other & then finally stops to stay "Man that head is shining!" Lol, I just smiled back & considered it a compliment. Thought I'd share my first day with the new Fam.

Offline DaveM61

• Sly Jr.
Re: 1st Day at work after going Sly!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 08:45:22 AM »
Way to go.  Welcome

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 09:06:23 AM »
Good luck.  You'll probably find that if no one says anything in the first day or two, they probably won't at all.  Within a week, your new sly look will seem normal to them.

Offline Clean79

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 09:32:12 AM »
Two more stops down...one lady stops in her tracks, takes her glasses off, puts them back on & says "I didn't even recognize you" lol. Another says "What made you do that?" I love the last comment from a buddy of mine "Dangit boy! Gettin ready for summer huh?! Shaved that head slick!" That's hilarious to me. So far, not really getting too many bad vibes. But nevertheless I'm happy with it so far.  O:O

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 10:00:00 AM »
Awesome!.... again proving that our perception about what will happen is much different than what happens in reality (when it come to going SLY).
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 12:13:06 PM »
"Man that head is shining!"

When you go sly, this is what people tend to notice first: your shiny head.

Enjoy the new feeling.

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 03:51:34 PM »
One of my nicknames at work since going sly is "Shiny"
Hair is over rated.

Offline Natedawg

• Misanthropic Humanist
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2012, 03:55:27 PM »
Glad to hear you're enjoying everyone's reactions to your new look, Clean. Isn't it fun?
 I hope this serves as inspiration to others who are considering going sly, and are worried about their friends'/coworkers' reactions. All of my coworkers and friends loved it when I took the initial plunge.
"Change will happen whether we are still or moving." - TTWS

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012, 04:11:46 PM »
I'd take the shiny comments as complements.

Trust the rest of your day went well.

Shave again, put on a big smile and enjoy the bald head.   Won't the rest be surprised when they find that this is not just a summer haircut, but something for the whole year.

Offline Clean79

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2012, 07:58:19 PM »
Whew! First day of work came to an end & then off to one of my favorite hobbies...coaching my kids in baseball & fast pitch softball. The rest of the day was a blast seeing people do double takes as I walked by lol. Three different guys at the office came up to me at different times & said "what's up Stone Cold!" Pretty popular wrestler back a few years ago for this who might not know.

I can't tell you how many asked "What do you do to make it shine so bright?" I have naturally oily skin so I guess that's what's doing the trick? Anyways, pretty cool first official day being out in public Sly!

Fast pitch practice was hilarious....as we ended practice under the lights, a couple of bugs landed on my dome & one of the girls said "They're attracted to the light!" Rofl, I just laughed with her & rolled with it.

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2012, 08:00:44 PM »
Well done clean Thanks for adding more positivity in this forum. Hope this convinces more lurkers to take the plunge.
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2012, 08:03:18 PM »
I remember my first sly day at work. Some of the surprised looks I got were priceless. I'm anxious to see what happens when I get home on vacation.
Hair is over rated.

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2012, 08:10:16 PM »
Terrific reinforcement that it's really not much of an issue.

Like you, Clean, I interact with hoards of people daily - ranging from dozens to thousands. After five weeks, today was the first time someone inquired (well-meaning) whether I had a health issue (though I did have one naive girl express worry because "all your hair fell out overnight!").

And I've yet to have a negative comment.

It's so easy being Sly.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2012, 01:55:42 AM »
Welcome mate, glad you are loving it!

After reading about nicknames at work since going sly, I thought of something the old boy at work calls me whenever I have my beanie off, he calls me Kojak. I wonder what other nicknames people have earned?

Offline Clean79

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2012, 05:31:37 AM »
Beardman that's a good question. I wonder if there's a thread that's already been started with "Nicknames?"

"Stone Cold" seems to be the most common for me so far seeing as how another vendor yells that at me as I was walking into my first account this morning, "What's up Stone Cold?!"

Stone Cold must be one good looking man lol....