Author Topic: Was sly for several years, now using clippers to trim hair.  (Read 7383 times)

Offline briancl

• Sly Jr.
Hey everyone, I started getting a bad receding hairline in my early 20s, so i started buzzing it to a 0 with clippers. eventually I started shaving it with a razor. fast forward a few years and i started getting scalp problems, where shaving seemed to spread bacteria and cause a lot of painful bumps and irritation.

currently, i stopped using a razor and went back to using clippers. of course, i prefer being able to use a razor, but its just causing too many problems. using clippers is so quick and easy, with no maintenance. now instead of taking 30 minutes to shave my head daily, i can just buzz my head every few days and take a shower in less than 5 minutes. just wanted to let you guys know, buzzing your head has a lot of positives compared to shaving smooth bald. if your having scalp problems, just use clippers and see how it works out. there's no shame in going bald, just keep it clean and be proud!

Offline beardedbaldgerman

• Sly
Re: Was sly for several years, now using clippers to trim hair.
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 11:21:32 AM »
Hi! How short do you buzz it? I have a Moser 1400 and curious about the shortest setting 0.1mm)

Offline waine

• just waine
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Proudly Sly since 30 April 2012.
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 02:43:50 AM »
@Briancl, Personally I don't enjoy the buzz look on me.  Here we call it a "Brush cut".  It is either totally bald or nothing for me.  I cannot endure more than one day without shaving.  But hey, if it works for you and you are happy, good stuff!  That's the main thing.
"Three things you cannot escape; tax, death and dirt..."

Offline briancl

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 04:00:47 PM »
Hi! How short do you buzz it? I have a Moser 1400 and curious about the shortest setting 0.1mm)

i have a set of conair clippers and i just set it with no guard to the lowest. im pretty sure its called a 0.

Offline briancl

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 04:02:47 PM »
@Briancl, Personally I don't enjoy the buzz look on me.  Here we call it a "Brush cut".  It is either totally bald or nothing for me.  I cannot endure more than one day without shaving.  But hey, if it works for you and you are happy, good stuff!  That's the main thing.

i just looked up brush cut, looks longer than what i have. after i use clippers, it is about 3-4 days without shaving to give you an idea. i want to shave it sly, but my current condition is just not allowing it. as long as you can be sly without any problems, that's the best way to go.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 05:00:48 PM »
I would hardly remember what 3-4 days without shaving looks like. I've occasionally gone one day, but that's about it.

Seems like there is a huge amount of hair to remove on the 2nd morning.

Love the feel of smooth bald.

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 11:05:15 PM »
For me personally I end up with severe razor bumps/spots if I use a hair clippers, it proper irritates my skin. I found wet shaving the head has helped me to rid of razor bumps. Strange eh? Just shows we are all different!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2012, 09:30:26 PM »
For me personally I end up with severe razor bumps/spots if I use a hair clippers, it proper irritates my skin. I found wet shaving the head has helped me to rid of razor bumps. Strange eh? Just shows we are all different!
Believe it or not when you use clippers, they have to be oiled/sanitized every second or third use at the very least. If multiple people are using said clippers, they have to be sanitized and/or oiled after every use. If not, the blades become dull and do not cut the hair(s) entirely and that leads to the uncut portion of the hair(s) curling back into the skin and creating these razor bumps, mostly at the nape of the neck where most people with hair get a "blockcut" or "taper" Could that apply to you mate?
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2012, 10:43:52 PM »
Possibly mate, I never let anyone use my clippers and I had the Phillips balder which they state doesn't need oiling, maybe I just have extra sensitive skin ( only on the neck) I have stopped using the balder and just stick to the razors now which is a lot better for me.

Offline waine

• just waine
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Proudly Sly since 30 April 2012.
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2012, 10:02:41 AM »
Bald is seriously beautiful...There is no doubt, bald, and "Sly"...
"Three things you cannot escape; tax, death and dirt..."