1 (11.1%)
Joe Gibbs racing
0 (0%)
JR Motorsports - Jr's own team
2 (22.2%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Dale Jr.  (Read 3391 times)

Offline GBORN

• Sly
Dale Jr.
« on: May 13, 2007, 07:29:52 AM »
I think Jr. will go to RCR.  However, I don't think he'll be driving the black #3.  I think an agreement will be made to give DEI (Dale Earnhardt Inc.) the #3 and let Jr. take the #8 to RCR with him.  His father had 5 championships with Childress and it seems like the right move for Jr.  It is too bad his stepmother couldn't reach and agreement with the legend's son to keep him at DEI.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 07:33:04 AM by GBORN »

Offline Jay

• Sly
Re: Dale Jr.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 08:24:27 AM »
Dale has enough cache to do his own thing and get his own sponsors.

Any team he drives for he would want co-ownership. Can't see that happening so he needs to go solo. Of course, most of his relatives at DEI are coming with him to JR, so the team mangement is already in polace. He only needs sponsors.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 12:36:00 PM »
I agree with Jay.  I think he's looking to do his own thing and create a dynasty like his father did.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline GBORN

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 12:58:06 PM »

Any team he drives for he would want co-ownership. Can't see that happening so he needs to go solo. Of course, most of his relatives at DEI are coming with him to JR, so the team mangement is already in polace. He only needs sponsors.

He'll definitely have the sponsors.  Budweiser has indicated that they want to go with him.  I think in the future he will definitely own his own Cup team.  I just don't think it will be next year.  Although Senior owned and ran DEI, he still drove for another owner (Childress).  Look at the troubles Michael Waltrip has had this year being an owner/driver (of course he's driving a Toyota).  In anycase, it will be interesting.  GO JUNIOR NATION!

Offline Jay

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 01:03:30 PM »

He'll definitely have the sponsors.  Budweiser has indicated that they want to go with him.  I think in the future he will definitely own his own Cup team.  I just don't think it will be next year.  Although Senior owned and ran DEI, he still drove for another owner (Childress).  Look at the troubles Michael Waltrip has had this year being an owner/driver (of course he's driving a Toyota).  In anycase, it will be interesting.  GO JUNIOR NATION!

Waltrip and Toyota.

Yikes.

That's an entire thread unto itself.

BaldRob

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2007, 02:30:16 PM »
He only needs sponsors.

Do I see a Sly Bald Guys car in the future?? O0

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2007, 02:46:37 PM »
He only needs sponsors.

Do I see a Sly Bald Guys car in the future?? O0

Can I drive?    :px

You summed it all up right there. I think it would be great if he went to RCR. The Childress  and Earnhardt relationship has been strong for many, many years. I also think RCR would give him the best shot at a cup championship as well.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline MC HammerHead

• "..I shouldn't have to tell you who I am...because who I am should be speaking for itself.."
  • Sly
  • Future's So Bright, Got To Wear Shades..and SPF 45
    • Downhillbillies
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2007, 02:54:22 PM »
Just because I live in the middle of this mess...and I mean right smack dab in the middle..grew up in Concord/Kannapolis and now live in Statesville... doesn't make me any thing close to an expert but the feeling here is the Childress deal is basically a foregone conclusion.  RCR has had a resurgence in the last couple of years and has the shops to make it happen.  I have friends that work for DEI, Childress, and Hendrick, so I am not going to take any sides but Hendrick in my mind makes some sense but the problem is that in order to do so would have to let go a driver and frankly with Jeff Gordon killing it this year he, JEFF, will NOT want another personality as big as him there. 
I think long term Jr is going to want his own shops/team but without being able to have DEI I think he sees himself better off going to a proven team where he can win a championship before launching his own deal. 
MC HammerHead
Downhillbillies Skateboarding Organization
Woody's Halfpipe Board Shop Team
Pavel Skates Flow Team
Axe Army
Headblade Street Team
www.myspace.com/mchammerhead

Offline GBORN

• Sly
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2007, 09:22:29 PM »
Hendrick in my mind makes some sense but the problem is that in order to do so would have to let go a driver and frankly with Jeff Gordon killing it this year he, JEFF, will NOT want another personality as big as him there. 

Right...could you imagine Gordon, Johnson, and Jr. all on the same team.  Jimmie Johnson is getting too big for 'ol Jeff to take.  Too many hens in the hen house. 

Enter your email address: