Author Topic: bald women 2  (Read 11228 times)

Offline palmerproject

• Sly
  • been shaving since 5-14-2012
bald women 2
« on: May 25, 2012, 06:17:46 PM »
for the last few days i have been looking thourgh all the diffrent topics, the one about bald women is kinda interesting to me. my feeling is while myself personally, does not see short hair or the sly look as vetty attractive on women (there are accpetions to every rule of course) i do not believe it is mine nor anyone's right to tell a woman she shouldnt or cant shave her head. all looks really account for is the first impression. you become friends or fall in love with someone based on what is in thier hearts. you all know that there are plenty of women who look gorgeous when you first see them, but when you go to talk to them thier looks either begin to not look so great or begin to look even better, there is also the women that you first see and think "she is ok" then you start talking to her and she becomes gorgeous. bottom line here is that. if a woman wants to have short hair or shave thier head then let them. when we all took the plunge i'm sure it we were all alittle nerveous at first, but for a male its not a big deal to walk out with a smooth dome. imagen how a woman who goes sly for the first time feels. they may be shaowing they have more balls then some men, but i would venture to guess they would still be nervous. so lets shoe support to any and all of our sly sisters. you dont have to think it is verry actractive, just remember it is thier right as a member of the human race to do whatever they want as well.

thanks, hope i diddnt wait too much of your time guys or gals. 

sly for life!!!

Offline DC

• DC
  • Sly
Re: bald women 2
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 03:14:34 PM »
Just spoke with a Sly Sister minutes ago-God, talk about sexy!  ^-^
“You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." Christopher Robin to Pooh.

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 06:20:21 PM »
Couldn't have said it better myself mate!

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 09:42:52 PM »
This'll probably sound really sexist but to me it depends on the woman. Some can pull it off really well.
Hair is over rated.

Offline wonderer

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 11:59:01 PM »
You are young,you will learn-there is a place like deep dark pit and it is filled with people ...o that wasn't a topic sorry  ;) ) I love the soul on woman that's the first thing i see -her soul and brain too -no I can't really see the brain (maybe I can -with a CT scan  ??? ) but you have to knew her in a soul in contrary you just might become (like me) shooting target for her(and the woman -every woman is a GREAT SHOOTER with a steady hand(thats why in every war there is more man than woman-they are just TOO damn GOOD  :Xo!  )  -so beauty ,beauty comes and goes and it is the ugliness is that stays !Force is strong in this one !  >:D
And yes bald woman can be sexy !  ;)

Offline wonderer

• Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 01:58:43 AM »
My aunt is bald -completely bald .She lost all of her hairs after death of  her husband(during the war here in Croatia),now she is wearing a wig ,but I really don't see why ...She wasn't wearing a wig for a years and I didn't even noticed that she wasn't  "strange" in any way.I admire her thou ,she was amputated during the war by a grenade shell so- she also has only one leg and she is a normal person after all that has happened to her ...hair is just a hair ,what is important is HEALTH ,if you don't have that then you have noting !Now my mother is on heart transplant list and all we have now is HOPE so i say -the hell with a hair !

Offline wonderer

• Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 02:16:01 AM »
So all I wanted to say is- one should take care for his/her hair(hair loss can be a sign of  illness ), but everyone should keep in mind this -hair loss is not the worst thing in the world! I would gladly date a bald woman (bald woman can be sexy )-rather than woman with a beautiful hair and face but with no soul....

Slynito

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 03:41:14 AM »
So all I wanted to say is- one should take care for his/her hair(hair loss can be a sign of  illness ), but everyone should keep in mind this -hair loss is not the worst thing in the world! I would gladly date a bald woman (bald woman can be sexy )-rather than woman with a beautiful hair and face but with no soul....

I can't disagree with those words, wonderer. No hair loss is not anything to worry about and indeed women look pretty and sexy shaved.

O0

Offline gutsygirl

• Surviving Chronic Illness with a Smile :D
  • Sly
  • Gutsy is as Gutsy does!
    • Naturally Gutsy - surviving gastrointestinal illness with a smile!
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2012, 07:33:38 PM »
Just wanted, as a slygal, to say THANKS to all the supportive guys.  I don't mind if guys don't like the shaved look on the ladies, but it's nice to meet men who look want to go deeper than skin-deep when determining if a woman is "their type". 

And yes, I think it does take significant "guts" for a woman to go shiny.   ^-^  After all, we tend to get difficult questions like "Do you have cancer?  (no) Are you a lesbian?  (no) What political statement are you trying to make? (none)  Did you do this for someone who has cancer?  (no)"  Family and friends may disapprove.   :/O  So a woman really has to be confident in who she is and feel assured that her value is not rooted in her ...uhm...roots!   O0  (excuse the pun)  I've taken TONS of family flack.  My friends either like the look or hate it; I've not yet met anyone who is "on the fence" about it.  I even had a friend ask me "Are you part of the KKK?!"   ::)

Anyways, that's my personal perspective.  Seems, from asking my friends, like most guys don't like the sly look on women, but so many women deep down admire it and think it's "gutsy" to go hairless and often come up to me and say, "Oh wow!  I wish I could do that and look good!!  It really suits you!" 

Because of the strong reactions I receive, there are definitely times I wear something on my head.  Buffs are my favorite head coverings.  I wear these or fedoras  :popo  in church or to more formal events where a woman with a bald head might be especially ....distracting.  And I always carry a Buff in my purse just in case.   ;)  Around my home and apartment, I go bald and out at the grocery store and places like that I feel fine going bald.  Otherwise, I'm at least more cautious but it doesn't necessarily mean I'm going to put on a hat.  I'm lucky in that I do love hats.   :)

Ok, I'm blabbering (because that's what women do).  Good night!  :D
CRPSablaze.wordpress.com, NaturallyGutsy.com

Offline gutsygirl

• Sly
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2012, 07:50:11 PM »
I also use a wheelchair and other ambulatory aids, so I'm used to people staring at me.  Haha.  I just realized my transition to Sly probably wasn't as hard as it is for most other women because of this.  The don't stare at me any more because of my bald head than they did because of my wheelchair, so...

I saw in another post that a guy had mentioned it's kinda unfair that the women are expected to cover it up if they are dealing with hair loss, especially if their looks aren't especially conducive to the Sly life.  I'd say this is a true observation.  In my case, one thing I've found I really DO enjoy about being Sly, however, is that I can wear so many different pretty scarves that coordinate well with my outfits!  It's cool to be able to "change your hair color" depending on your mood or outfit by adding a scarf or other hat/head covering.  I've been quickly adding to my collection of scarves, turbans, fedoras, cowgirl hats, etc because I love how just changing my headwear immediately changes my whole outfit!  :D  Girls like to accessorize.  ;)

Gutsy Girl

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2012, 08:24:05 PM »
Welcome gutsy ... great post.

So, (in case I missed it), what prompted you to claim the Sly Style for yourself?
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline gutsygirl

• Sly
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2012, 09:12:37 PM »
Hi Frontier,
Thanks for the warm welcome.

I'm a slyette because I have serious allergies to "all things outdoors".  My Allergist and Immunologist have tried valiantly to find relief to the skin itching but we're at a loss now.  So in desperation, I apply anti-itch lotions to my head several times a day and being sly makes that much easier.  Because of my disabilities and the many days I have spent in bed, I feel that having short hair (or no hair) is so much easier to care for and I love hats...so I can just throw on a hat (as mentioned above) and I don't even have to worry about "hat hair".  :D 

Doesn't get much better than that! 

If I can ever find the right medication to make my head and legs stop itching, it will be a God-send and I will probably grow out my hair.  My hair has typically been about 1" long or shorter for the last (counting...) 5 years or so, and for two years before 2005.  (The first time I cut it super short was after a difficult break-up when the guy kept CHASING me when I'd made it clear we were a "never again thing" so I cut my hair to tell him "LEAVE ME ALONE!")  Heh.  Since 2003, however, I really was in love with the ease of the short short hairstyles and I think a pixie cut is sooooo adorable!  So if my allergies ever get under better control, I'll probably go back to a 1" pixie unless I meet a guy who is Mr. Right and he prefers me sly. 

Thanks for responding!

Gutsy Girl

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2012, 02:39:12 AM »
Thanks for sharing your story with us, it is sad that most people can't embrass the female sly look, I am one in the camp that of the affirmative. I quite like the sly and buzz look on the fairer sex. As you said it takes a lot of guts for you girls to pull it off, and I think you do it exceptionally well :D Keep up the good work, and hopefully you ebcome a regulare contributor around here  O0

Offline gutsygirl

• Sly
Re: Re: bald women 2
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2012, 12:26:55 AM »
Might be a while before I become a regular contributor.  Just trying to figure out how to manage the sly at the moment! Hahaha.  :)

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2012, 12:39:18 PM »
Welcome to the forum gutsygirl, good to have you. Hang in there and keep shaving, that's the best way to manage it. It get's better with time.  O0