Author Topic: A couple of considerations (little critiques)  (Read 4446 times)

Offline Cris

• Team Sly
  • Sly
  • Intermittently Bald By Choice
A couple of considerations (little critiques)
« on: May 08, 2012, 12:34:13 PM »
The Board is fantastic, but to me it looks more a website than a forum.
The only section really really active is "Introductions".
The other sections, while full of interesting threads are empty, in comparison.
People post relatively rarely.
When it comes about being informative the site is super, 'cause gives you every possible tip about the slyness (how to obtain it, technical e moral considerations... everything). If you search, you'll find ALL the answers about Slyness.
Astonishing O0

Now a little critique:
Recently I placed a donation for Wickipedia.
Now, we all know that the feedback they gave you is a default form identical for every donor.
But.. you know what?In spite of that, when you make a donation is fine to receive back at least a "thank you", even a robotical one.
I made a little donation on this board too.
No anwers, no thank you.
It greatly impressed me because this board is wonderfully conducted and always ready to take care of its members.
So I informed Tyler regarding my donation and he (as always) kindly gave back a thank you to me.
But I think these things should be default things.
You place a donation, you IMMEDIATELY receive an automatic reply saying "thank you very much".
I say it again: the site is wonderful, I like it so much that I would love to see it much more alive than it is now.
Probably once it was, I don't know, I'm quite new, here.
When I registered I entered the board with enthusiasm (which is still alive), open some threads, expecting the same numerically rich response of the "introductions" session.
So, I was a little disappointed when I discovered that the Human traffic in the "Introductions" section as numerically nothing to do with the rest of this magnificent board.
All board's people seem to be concentrated in one (even if important) section.
I think that's a pity.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 12:38:42 PM by Cris »

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: A couple of considerations (little critiques)
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 02:19:46 PM »
Cris-
I disagree with you about the amount of postings. There are many, many threads/posts on a lot of days and not so many on others.
As a moderator on the Forum I am on here nearly everyday and multiple times each of those days. There is generally plenty of traffic
om the Forum.

Personally..... I don;t think it is at all like a website........... it is indeed a Forum.

If you would like to see more postings, start up some interesting threads that get people thinking.... the posts will follow.

Peace-

Mike

"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 02:45:49 PM »
Yeah, what Koz said.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
  • Better to be bald than balding
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 04:41:45 PM »
For me, the introduction section was an afterthought, I came on here and was interested in everything else, and If I don't go on for a few days, my page is crammed full of updated topics.

Offline Cris

• Team Sly
  • Sly
  • Intermittently Bald By Choice
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 05:36:53 PM »
Cris-
I disagree with you about the amount of postings. There are many, many threads/posts on a lot of days and not so many on others.
As a moderator on the Forum I am on here nearly everyday and multiple times each of those days. There is generally plenty of traffic
om the Forum.

Personally..... I don;t think it is at all like a website........... it is indeed a Forum.

If you would like to see more postings, start up some interesting threads that get people thinking.... the posts will follow.

Peace-

Mike

Ok Mike, if you, as a moderator, had a close perception of all the movements and say there are plenty of them everyday I believe you :)
I'll try posting (or "to post"?.. my english is deadly) very very interesting threads in an attempt to gave this forum the best contribution I can.

Peace to all of you
Love this place.
Cris.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 05:39:30 PM by Cris »

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 04:51:52 AM »
Cris-
om the Forum.

Peace-

Mike

Ok Mike, if you, as a moderator, had a close perception of all the movements and say there are plenty of them everyday I believe you :)
I'll try posting (or "to post"?.. my english is deadly) very very interesting threads in an attempt to gave this forum the best contribution I can.

Peace to all of you
Love this place.
Cris.

It's all good Cris.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2012, 06:31:10 AM »
I  like  the site the way it is   , very easy to navigate  , and  its  a  friendly  place to  be  with   cousins   

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2012, 01:55:54 AM »
Cris,

I'm sorry it took so long to get a THANK YOU for your donation.  Every donation means a TON to me and I do hope you know that.  Unfortunately, there's no way for me to automatically send a thank you email when a donation is made and quite frankly, I think that's a very cold way to thank someone.  While I do get an email when a donation is made, I also get about 100 to 200 emails a day to my SlyBaldGuys email alone...that's not including the other email addresses that I have that get similar amounts.  As soon as I see that I have a donation I immediately send a Thank You PM or email and change their status to Team Sly. 

Tyler
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline wonderer

• Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2012, 02:14:53 AM »
Tyler-post a topic ,throw us a bone man  O0  ;) .Ask everything you want to know about anything -that's why this forum is cool you don't have to talk just about shaving (btw- shaving is easy, you wold run out of the subjects soon) but you can also talk about every aspect of life there is- and that is great .  ;)

Offline wonderer

• Super Sly
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2012, 02:16:54 AM »
O i meant Chris -sorry mate !  ;)