Author Topic: Darn! 5 o'clock shadow!  (Read 22754 times)

Offline italianboy

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: Darn! 5 o'clock shadow!
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2007, 03:29:03 PM »
Hi guys, i've been shaving my head for 10 months now... and i also hate my 5 o'clock shadow! So i've decided to try waxing my head keeping my scalp smooth for very long time with no hair regrowth. Think about this method (like tweezing), it could become a permanent bald solution.  ;D
Bye bye

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2007, 10:44:38 PM »
pburke, slyinkc, wpruitt...... i'm very lucky that the wifey shaves the dome every morning.  no secret though.... i just asked her and she agreed. :D :D  i 1st started w/ the electric razor (norelco) and she used 2 shave it every 2 days.  now... i'm like all of U... gotta b smooth everyday. 

believe it or not .... she even told me that she enjoys keeping me sly.  one time when mrs. warhawk went out of town 2 visit her family by herself... i had 2 shave myself.  and it wasn't a pretty site.  i cut myself badly!  in reality... i should try 2 shave myself just in case if we ever get in a verbal warfare or if she has a grunge on me  ??? ???

i will definitely make a post when i do start shaving independently.  anyways.... i'm gonna ride this thing until the wheels fall out!!! ;)

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2007, 11:55:28 PM »
Hi guys, i've been shaving my head for 10 months now... and i also hate my 5 o'clock shadow! So i've decided to try waxing my head keeping my scalp smooth for very long time with no hair regrowth. Think about this method (like tweezing), it could become a permanent bald solution.  ;D
Bye bye

Bro!!! WAIT!  Read this thread  before you try it!! If not, at least video tape it so we can see how painful it is... >:D
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline skinhead002

• Super Sly
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2007, 05:17:34 PM »
I wish i could take a pill with no side effects that would cause every hair on my head to fall out permanently. would still shave for the experience

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2007, 10:15:57 PM »
5 o'clock shadow?, more like 2 o'clock for me! It pisses me off, I start losing the smooth feel by the afternoon.
Guess I may go the same route as Tim some days.
And I definitely agree with Razor and BA, I just love to go out slick and smooth to start the day.
So far I am a daily shaver and looks like I will stay that way.  O0

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2007, 09:44:02 AM »
I,like all my sly bros, cannot stand to leave the house without being slick smooth bald.

Even my coworkers have started to comment on my shiny glow when I go into work.

People with hair do not understand the joy and addiction of headshaving and being bald,only us sly guys can understand this.

The shine on my noggin is enough to tell people that I live this Sly life.

Offline itsmyhead

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2007, 01:40:57 PM »
I finally got the noggin a more consistent color without being pasty white on top.  Now I'm addicted to the smooth feel of the top of my head.  Once I can feel the stubble, I don't feel like I'm looking my best.  I was shaving every other day or so but now I'm not satisfied unless it's freshly done.  I guess I'm addicted.

X The Hierophant

« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2007, 02:07:07 PM »
Yes it is very addictive.  There should be some kind of warning label when you enter this site that "slyness" is addictive ... proceed with caution. ^u!ez

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2007, 03:59:14 PM »
Tyler, X has got a good point there.   Some kind of warning label just like he suggested could be a great advertising attention getter. O0
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2007, 04:01:18 PM »
Tyler, X has got a good point there.   Some kind of warning label just like he suggested could be a great advertising attention getter. O0

Good idea!  I'll have to start playing around with some ideas. If anyone has any, let me know.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline jasonfieber

• Wish I was on a beach...
  • Sly Jr.
  • Bald For Life
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2007, 07:14:36 PM »
The shadow was always the thing that bugged me the most, that's the reason I started laser. I have like 85 percent of my hair left...so I had quite the big shadow...I would have to say that's the #1 thing I've hated about headshaving.
When was the last time you did something for the first time?

BALDANDRE

« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2007, 07:18:06 PM »
The shadow was always the thing that bugged me the most, that's the reason I started laser. I have like 85 percent of my hair left...so I had quite the big shadow...I would have to say that's the #1 thing I've hated about headshaving.

So no shadow now bro?

Awesome...post a close pic if you can..

Would love to have and look like there isn't ANY hair on my head!

Very cool bro! O0

Offline jasonfieber

• Wish I was on a beach...
  • Sly Jr.
  • Bald For Life
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2007, 07:23:48 PM »
The top of my head has adapted to the treatment the most so far, 90 percent of that hair is gone..the back still has a pretty decent shadow, but alot less than it used to be. I CAN'T WAIT till it's done...no shadow has always been a quest of mine. I don't know if you remember or not Andre, but I always used to post on HSC about the shadow and how much it bugged me...I'm kinda OCD haha.

But yeah, once this is done..which should be around Feb 08' I'll post an up close high-res pic of the shadowless dome!
When was the last time you did something for the first time?

BALDANDRE

« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2007, 08:45:29 PM »
I don't know if you remember or not Andre, but I always used to post on HSC about the shadow and how much it bugged me...I'm kinda OCD haha.

But yeah, once this is done..which should be around Feb 08' I'll post an up close high-res pic of the shadowless dome!

Very understandable bro....someday I want to be follow suit!

BTW no shadow in your avatar..very nice ! O0

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2007, 08:46:46 PM »
It has to be done daily if not twice.

5o'clock my a$$ I'm luckey if I don't feel it by lunch time. the last half of the work day is hell for me 'cause I feel the stubble.

Tim you said some thing about after work when you take your T-shirt off it gets stuck, thats to funny, it happened to me again today and I was cussing it, I was thinking of a topic here for it, but its now covered.