Author Topic: 21 and Losing it! Busting out the buzz soon, I think...  (Read 5323 times)

Offline zeroallover

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: 21 and Losing it! Busting out the buzz soon, I think...
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2012, 03:54:13 PM »
Welcome JD... Congratulations on your new job, not easy to get one anywhere these days! Id have to agree with the sentiments echoed above. If I were you Id at least  buzz the hair short in advance of starting the new job. Doing it as soon as you graduate will give you a few weeks to get comfortable with how it looks and feels on you. Shaving your head is a scary step to take but all of us have done it and so can you. The confidence it will give you is huge. Would you prefer to go in to a new place of work insecure, timid and worried or embarrased of what people think or do you want to make a good confident impression from day one?

Ask any guy on this site no matter what age they are and they will tell you that their only regret is they didnt shave their head sooner. Being bald isnt bad, its the worrying about going bald that'll kill you. Once you take matters in to your own hands you will love the confidence it gives you!

You wont regret it. Best of luck in the new job and with your new look.

Offline IllinoisBaldy

• Sly
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2012, 03:59:37 PM »
Welcome to SBG.  I know what it's like to lose hair so young.  I was 16 when I noticed I was losing mine.  Shave it off and you will never look back.

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2012, 08:26:33 PM »
Welcome to the board JD, you have a well laid plan. Go for it. We could give you a more honest advice once you have posted your pic.
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline RoWilJr

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • SlyStyle...Get your Shine on!!!
Re: Re: 21 and Losing it! Busting out the buzz soon, I think...
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2012, 08:37:51 PM »
Congrats and welcome to SBG! The fellas seemed to have summed it up...take your time and move at YOUR own pace. I will tell you this, once Sly, your confidence will be sky high!

Cheers,
Ro

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2012, 09:51:45 AM »
Congrats and welcome

Offline chgobuzzbald

• Super Sly
  • No more HT scars
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2012, 10:09:02 PM »
The plan should be to buzz it down right away and try it out. But ideally never let the new job see you with any form of longer hair. That way they accept and expect you to be buzzed down or shaved smooth, so no questions or hassle. Just take that first step and buzz it down yourself. Watch a youtube video since there are so many. It is such a popular look today. I see many guys your age with full heads of hair buzzed down to the skin. Do it and have fun !

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2012, 11:00:26 AM »
Welcome JD
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2012, 11:13:14 AM »
Ask any guy on this site no matter what age they are and they will tell you that their only regret is they didnt shave their head sooner.

Hearty endorsement to this statement. Zero says it all. I think that we all say this! Just do it. Now it the time to shave your head.

Offline Snakehandler

• Sly
  • Snakehandler
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2012, 02:33:49 PM »
My second son started thinning at age 19. His Frat Brothers teased him about it so he buzzed it very close. They all complimented him about it and thought it looked much better as well as the girls. He didn't have any confidence or self esteem issues as I raised him and all my children to have self confidence. Getting back in shape will build your confidence. I agree with some of the others that you should do it now. You'll look much better. In fact you'll look great !!! 👍👍😄😄

Offline SalWalker

• Sly Jr.
  • Contentment is wealth; luxury is poverty
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2012, 12:44:13 AM »
What chgobuzzbald said:

The plan should be to buzz it down right away and try it out. But ideally never let the new job see you with any form of longer hair. That way they accept and expect you to be buzzed down or shaved smooth, so no questions or hassle. Just take that first step and buzz it down yourself. Watch a youtube video since there are so many. It is such a popular look today. I see many guys your age with full heads of hair buzzed down to the skin. Do it and have fun !

And maybe this sounds ridiculous, but I used to look at pictures of bald bearded guys (I have a beard I'm rather attached to) to help inspire me to finally shave it.  You can only see so many pictures of Patrick Stewart and Bruce Willis and Matthew McConaughey (from Reign of Fire) before you finally say, "Aight.  Gotta do it."  (To say nothing of all the sharp-looking sly guys on here.)

And having a shaved head does much more for your confidence than having a balding one, for what it's worth.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 04:28:25 AM by SalWalker »
"If you wish to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid."  - Epictetus

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
  • Better to be bald than balding
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2012, 12:26:48 AM »
Welcome and congrats JD, Sal has a really good point, in fact, I watched an interview with Patrick Stewart on Parkinson where he talked about balding in college and when he first shaved, it was a great inspiration, but the biggest was the guys on here and videos of people our age doing it on youtube. I can honestly tell you it makes the world of a difference to your confidence. get used to the buzz and go for it! We're all here for all the support you need whenever you need it!

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2012, 09:11:10 PM »
Welcome to SBGs!!! 8)

Enter your email address: