Author Topic: Head Shaving Advice  (Read 6048 times)

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
Re: Head Shaving Advice
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2012, 04:12:11 PM »
If you have access to WalMart try Shave Secret shave oil. It's about 4 or 5 bucks a bottle (little bottle) but the stuff lasts a long time. You only need about 10 drops and you can put your cream/gel on right over it.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline BaldJJ

• Sly
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2012, 04:21:39 PM »
If you have access to WalMart try Shave Secret shave oil. It's about 4 or 5 bucks a bottle (little bottle) but the stuff lasts a long time. You only need about 10 drops and you can put your cream/gel on right over it.

Will that make it a smoother shave?

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2012, 04:30:59 PM »

Will that make it a smoother shave?

I think I've seen a variety of responses regarding the effectiveness of Shave Secret but I have always had great results with it. They say that it can be used alone, without shave cream or gel, but I've read that terminally clogs blades. I wash my head in the shower,  rinse, put on the Shave Secret, then my HeadSlick, and start scraping.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2012, 08:06:55 PM »
It's tough to accept....and am I the only Sly guy who looks at other guys' bald heads? Like at sporting events or just out going..."Damn, I wish I could be that clean/smooth!"

My girlfriend makes fun of me for it lol

Count me in. I am like you too.
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2012, 02:42:18 AM »
Welcome aboard! It's normal to observe others heads and wish you could achieve what they have...Practice makes perfect, and in due time, you should achieve the smoothness that you are looking for....
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline BaldJJ

• Sly
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2012, 10:55:33 AM »
Glad to know there are more of us out there! lol ... I'm pretty smooth except for that inevitable 'spot' that I can feel some stubble, but practice makes perfect and I'm not ready to quit yet! :)

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2012, 03:06:28 PM »
you may lapse but you dont quit  everyone gets lazy occasionally  but looking foreward to my next shave tommorrow morning

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2012, 03:31:27 PM »

I'm about to run out of my first bottle.  It's been over three months. Four drops per day, every day.

Offline BaldJJ

• Sly
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2012, 07:32:23 PM »
Just frustrating to spend a good 30 minutes in the shower, re-lathering 2 or 3 times, passes over the top of my head ATG, WTG, sideways, diagonally and STILL feel stubble after only 2-3 hours.

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2012, 08:10:26 PM »
After a really smooth shave, it takes about 6hours before I can feel the first  stubble.
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline BaldJJ

• Sly
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2012, 08:46:28 PM »
After a really smooth shave, it takes about 6hours before I can feel the first  stubble.

What's your technique? Products?

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2012, 09:27:15 PM »

What's your technique? Products?
[/quote]

I have a regular barber who lathers and shaves me using a straight razor. Shaving against the grain. He stretches my scalp before scraping my head.
Also, before applying shaving cream, he rubs my head with hair conditioner to soften the roots.
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline BaldJJ

• Sly
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2012, 09:43:37 PM »
[quote author=kalbo

I have a regular barber who lathers and shaves me using a straight razor. Shaving against the grain. He stretches my scalp before scraping my head.
Also, before applying shaving cream, he rubs my head with hair conditioner to soften the roots.
[/quote]

A barber, huh? I thought you did it yourself... lol. How often do you go?

Offline BaldJJ

• Sly
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2012, 08:29:39 PM »
I like the Proglide but I still feel like I'm scraping over my head with the razor. I don't know if it's the angles or what... Do you think maybe I should go back to the HB and just try different blades?

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2012, 09:20:37 PM »
[quote author=kalbo

A barber, huh? I thought you did it yourself... lol. How often do you go?
[/quote]

I usually go on a Friday. The once a week visit is my therapy, a treat to myself. I do my own head shave once in a while too.
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!