Author Topic: Disadvantage  (Read 13755 times)

BaldRob

Disadvantage
« on: October 10, 2006, 05:23:56 PM »
This has happened to me several times...

Standing up to quick (without thinking of whats above you) and either cutting or bruising your scalp with no way to hide it!

Offline Yeti

• "Fear profits a man nothing"
  • Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
  • Big, Bald, & Friendly... ~Yeti
    • Yeti's Realm (MySpace Page)
Re: Disadvantage
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 06:18:53 PM »
I used to get nicks and bruises etc. back in my Correctional Officer days, and still due in some Bodyguard situations, but I just look at it as battle wounds... (this also works for the "turned around and hit an open cupboard door ...as well lol)    :D
~Yeti
-------------
Tyler's Assister w/ creation of SBG & 1st Mod (now I am Elusive, but ALWAYS watching. hehe
-------------
BIG, FURRY, & BALD: Tattooes almost 300 hrs, Piercings several, Gamer; Internet 13+ yrs, Movies, Music, Drinks w/ friends, Ladies, my kids.
-------------

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 06:25:27 PM »
Yeah, this is a disadvantage for sure!  I hit my head getting into my car the other day and thought I was going to have a huge bruise for sure...luckily it never showed...I was thinking of excuses the whole way to work as to why I had a bruise on my dome.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 10:04:52 AM »
I have that same problem. Working in the car service business has been even more hazardous to my dome. Standing under a car, the guys will often warn me to watch out for hot exhaust and things. Especially the shorter techs. I stand about 6'2". I've hit my head on the lifts too, that doesn't feel very good at all.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline happyharry

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • bald, bold and beautiful
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 05:21:57 AM »
Aye, that bumping thing is definitely a problem, especially with tall guys like myself (6'5").
It usually happens to me when I'm in a bus: I'm usually carefull when entering a bus (always bend a little to avoid contact with the ceiling). But after a 2hr trip, and being happy that I've arrived at my final destination, I always kind of forget that the ceiling is so low (or that I'm so tall) and I stand up abruptly and bump my precious bald head on the ceiling, or I walk down the corridor and my head touches the ceiling and you get a lot of friction there...ouch!

Who loves ya, baby?

Offline Noner

• I don't go shopping for hats. Hats go shopping for me.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Not a real doctor but would like to play one on TV
    • Nonerville
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 10:31:27 AM »
Man I took a big hit this summer getting out of the car. I actually had a minor concussion and a nice sexy scar.  It's on the top so you can't see it from looking at me head on.

I need like the padding you put in a kids play pen all over my car. I must hit it at least once a week, usually when its raining and I'm trying not to get my suit wet.

Offline Noner

• Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Nonerville
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2006, 10:34:56 AM »

I need one of these to drive around in so I don't hurt myself

Offline Noner

• Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Nonerville
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2006, 10:35:36 AM »
Or I could get on of these.

They are pretty stylish

Offline jasandalb

• Sly Jr.
    • My Page
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2007, 01:15:32 PM »
 :x! Anyone get the look of "fear" from some people...like your not approachable or your in the grocery store and someone goes out of their way to either apologize for being in your way or for bumping into you.  Its not like I am going to rip your arms off and shove your cart up your rear.

I mean...yeah, give me my space and be a little courteous, I am........did I bump you, "sorry about that".
But you dont have to be afraid of me.

Now, is that an advantage or disadvantage? :-\
Its a typical situation in these typical times...

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2007, 01:28:36 PM »
:x! Anyone get the look of "fear" from some people...like your not approachable or your in the grocery store and someone goes out of their way to either apologize for being in your way or for bumping into you.  Its not like I am going to rip your arms off and shove your cart up your rear.

I mean...yeah, give me my space and be a little courteous, I am........did I bump you, "sorry about that".

I think it's an advantage....your presence is known and acknowleged.  If yer a sour puss, then it would probably be a disadvantage to be bald. 

There's a guy at my gym who has issues of some sort (probably insecurity)....

but he walks around with this expression/attitude (in my picture here) all the time (bad ass, meany)
                                          |
<-----------------------------

In fact he carries a more miserable sour puss than that ALL THE TIME. 

To me he ain't a good rep for baldness =  not truely SLY = disadvantage.

I dunno...but as far as pictures go....in my opinion "BaldRob" & "Pburk" in their current profile pic are portraying the SLY representation......grinnin' & friendly, but not wimpy.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 01:37:43 PM by Robmeister »

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2007, 03:28:20 PM »

I get that sometime also.  Especially from older Asian women and teenagers.  I've got to a point where I basically laugh now when it happens.  What's funny, is I can smile at them and they still have the look of fear in their eyes.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2007, 03:54:58 PM »
i tend to give people the halfass grin. you know, could be happy, could be mad. keeps 'em guessing. then i smile and they ausually smile back. >:D

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2007, 05:37:22 PM »

... they ausually smile back. >:D

huh? .... is that "always"?..... or they smile back like an "aussie" bloke?

b*n!    W#p
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 07:19:22 PM by Robmeister »

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2007, 12:55:54 AM »

... they ausually smile back. >:D

huh? .... is that "always"?..... or they smile back like an "aussie" bloke?

b*n!    W#p

LOL, nice reply Robmeister, that made me giggle!!  ;D
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Offline Lex Luethor

• Sly Jr.
  • This *is* my happy face.
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2007, 03:35:57 AM »
There's a guy at my gym who has issues of some sort (probably insecurity)....

In fact he carries a more miserable sour puss than that ALL THE TIME. 

But as I said, this *IS* my happy face!  ;D