Author Topic: Flaunt It If You Got It  (Read 7630 times)

Offline Ming the Merciless

• Super Sly
  • No More "Mr. Nice Guy"
Flaunt It If You Got It
« on: April 16, 2012, 05:30:44 PM »
I see obviously Sly guys around a lot these days... BUT, I see a lot of them (in public only, of course) with--most often--a baseball cap of some sort on the dome.  Maybe they are avoiding UV, but I often suspect they are not comfortable with being Sly, and so they compromise: "Yes, I've shaved my head (you can see no hair below the edges of my cap) but maybe I've got a lot that you can't see."  Come on!  Who are you fooling?  There's a guy, a butcher, in the local market I favor, who wears a Marine fatigue cap, smooth to view below, nearly all the time he's hacking at cow corpses.  I've seen him un-hatted a few times--slick with a horseshoe shadow.  What a surprise!

Me, I'm cautious about too much sun, but also ready to let the world see the gleam on the dome on as many occasions as I can.

OK, a new "Sly," might be hesitant to let it all shine out (courtesy of "Headlube 'Glossy'"), but... that cap fools no one.

And why should you care?  Well, why should you?

Offline IllinoisBaldy

• Sly
Re: Flaunt It If You Got It
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 05:57:46 PM »
Sounds like me Ming.  I wear a baseball hat alot, not to hide the dome but to hide a ht scar.  Still working on that though.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 06:45:17 PM »
I see guys that are sly with hats.  Never really understood why a guy would shave it down then cover it up, it's just different strokes for different folks, I guess.  IllinoisBaldy, I hope you get to the point that you can accept the scar--I can say your presence on this forum and the help you've offered other guys in the same situation is really admirable O0

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 07:25:07 PM »
Well, if he works in the meat department, then it's the law that his head is covered. Sorry, even if you don't have hair you still need to wear a head covering, because most people have hard. (now isn't that just dumb).  Gotta wear a hat to keep the hair you don't have falling into the food. 

Oh, well. If I worked in food prep, I'd need a beard hat to keep my beard hair out of the food! 

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 07:33:44 PM »
I've never liked wearing hats, but I do make it a point to wear a baseball cap if I think I'm going to be outdoors for more than a few minutes at a time, once we get to this time of year.  I don't trust sunscreen for extended periods of time and I'm reluctant to keep reapplying it because it tends to make my skin break out.  So a cap is a necessary evil.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 07:44:03 PM »
Hats are for protection and fashion, not for hiding under.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 08:16:35 PM »
I see no reason to hide a sly dome under a hat other than to protect it from excess sun and cold.  Otherwise, the hat comes off.

Offline good to be bald

• Sly
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 08:58:33 PM »
hats are the cold other than that show the dome O0 :@` ::)

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 01:29:58 AM »
I absolutely hate wearing hats. I always take pride in showing off my baldness especially if I am freshly shaven. But the summer heat can be unforgiving so I have to wear a hat when I know I would be out in the sun for long periods of time.
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline smoothshaver

• Learning the way of Sly
  • I love Asia and Asians
    • www.manjam.com/smoothshaver
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2012, 02:01:31 AM »
I totally agree with you. Beeing proud of my smooth shaved head I love to show off my smooth look in public and hate when iI should wear a hat. BE BALD...BE PROUD!! O0 :P
BEAUTIFUL FACES DONT NEED ANY HAIR....SO SHAVE YOUR HEAD SEXY SMOOTH

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2012, 05:48:46 AM »
I wear a skull cap in the winter when outdoors. I wear do-rags when riding or if I'm going to be out in the sun. Other than that I NEVER wear a hat.
I have a couple SLY friend who NEVER, EVER wear any head covering.... even in the winter.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline IllinoisBaldy

• Sly
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2012, 06:08:29 AM »
IllinoisBaldy, I hope you get to the point that you can accept the scar--I can say your presence on this forum and the help you've offered other guys in the same situation is really admirable O0

Thanks saintc.  I'll get there!

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2012, 07:02:59 AM »
When I have been  lazy  then I will wear a baseball cap it goes with being a chav , But   prefer  a shining  dome and  a hoody  and yes  agree flaunt it 

Offline DCdome

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2012, 08:51:35 AM »
I greatly prefer going without a hat because I love to show off the dome and also just like the feel of the breeze on the bald head.  But that being said, I do take precautions and always wear a hat if I am out in the sun for more than 30 minutes.  Also, when it gets cold I wear a hat (often a beanie) to keep warm.

For a butcher, as has been said, he has to wear a head covering for sanitary reasons, but also he is in and out of the cold storage unit all day long and so a head covering of some sort just makes sense.

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2012, 02:53:46 PM »
hehe. I'm the oppisite of those you're talking about. It's not me if I wear a hat or so. I always enjoy showing-off with my bald head.
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter