Author Topic: Flaunt It If You Got It  (Read 7678 times)

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
Re: Flaunt It If You Got It
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2012, 03:06:21 PM »
I greatly prefer going without a hat because I love to show off the dome and also just like the feel of the breeze on the bald head. 

You speak my language.  :)

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2012, 04:06:44 PM »
Why hide your bald head under a cap - unless to protect from the sun.  Greatly prefer to show it off.
Roger

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2012, 12:40:35 AM »
I sometimes wear a cap if it goes with certain shirts...but I make sure to remove it when indoors. Also, as a former food service employee, while hair is not an issue for a sly guy, sweat (which can be WORSE than hair when handling food) is an issue, hence the butcher wearing his cap. Slightly off topic, but I tend to get amused when at a sporting event and the national anthem is played forcing guys to remove their caps so we can see what(if anything) they're hiding... ;D ;D I hope that all the guys remove their caps for the national anthem, if not it's disrespectful and I take great offense to it....
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2012, 04:25:26 AM »
Hats are for protection and fashion, not for hiding under.

well  said  and totally agree ,  A baseball  cap has got me out of trouble  and it can easily get you in trouble as well . Wearing  a hoody and a baseball cap  in a supermarket  can  be  good fun with the security  guys . A shining  dome is more obvious  and they can  track you down easily  . SOme  supermarkets  ask you not  to have your hoody  up and remove baseaball  caps . I have never  nicked anything .

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2012, 05:20:47 AM »
There is a fellow customer in the Starbucks I go to that I clearly sly.  I have seen him lift his cap ONCE.  He is in good shape, in his 40's with a cool looking grey soul patch.  He would totally rock the sly look.  But he keeps his dome covered by the cap almost always!  He has no reason to hide it!  But it just goes to show that you can still be insecure even if you have good looks and are in shape!

Offline usmcpelon

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2012, 07:18:22 AM »
I'm with you guys, I will never cover my bald head for what ever reason.  Not even the sun.  It may get a little red but it's not going to kill me. In fact we need sun to produce vitamin D. 

And I hate to see shaved bald guy wearing a hat.  I hate it so much, I'm not one to keep silent.  I always approach the guy and ask him why shave bald if your going to cover it.  Their response always comes with a smile and "I'm not used to it".  So I tell them the only way to get used to it is to just get rid of the cap and show it off.  I have been successful with a few guys who have taken the cap off, but I always tell them I'll take the cap to make sure you don't wear it again.  I you want to go bald, then go bald and show if. 

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2012, 08:57:48 AM »
Skin cancer can kill you.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2012, 09:14:47 AM »
Skin cancer can kill you.
X2--and is one of the easiest to avoid by the sensible use of sun protection whether that be sunscreen or a hat--even though a bald head can be an asset to a guy's looks, it doesn't do anything for a dead guy.  If you've got enough sense to know when to shave your head, you ought to have enough sense to protect it. 

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2012, 01:14:22 PM »
Hats are for protection and fashion, not for hiding under.

Very true, and I feel the same way. I just don't get why some guys choose to shave their head and then proceed to hide it under a cap. Ball cap's are worn by ballplayer's for a reason!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 01:16:08 PM by xnewyawka »

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2012, 01:19:52 PM »
IllinoisBaldy, I hope you get to the point that you can accept the scar--I can say your presence on this forum and the help you've offered other guys in the same situation is really admirable O0

Thanks saintc.  I'll get there!

I agree with saint on this Illinois. I say toss the cap and get your dome out there; stand tall and proud and show everyone you've chosen to take the smarter route!   O0

Offline balddaniel

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2012, 03:31:04 PM »
The only time that I wear a baseball hat is when I go to a baseball game.  I would not want to deny the people around me to not see my beautiful bald and shiny head.  :)

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2012, 03:48:28 PM »
I would not want to deny the people around me to not see my beautiful bald and shiny head.  :)

Agreed. People need to see it. You put effort into maintaining that splendid bald head. Now show it off to the world.

Offline calbito

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2012, 08:25:17 AM »
A somewhat different story.  I wear a hat almost all the time, but not to hide my head.  Rather, the brim of the hat shades my eyes from the light.  Although I wear wrap-around sunglasses  (actually dark safety glasses) over my regular glasses, the light still comes in through the gap between the top of the glasses and my forehead.  My eyes are so sensitive that I even wear the sunglasses and the hat indoors.  I have been to opthalmologists and complained about the light sensitivity, but they just dismiss it as a combination of genetics and age.  I am not looking for sympathy, but I am writing this to show that sometimes bald people wear hats for other reasons besides vanity.

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2012, 10:46:22 AM »
I would not want to deny the people around me to not see my beautiful bald and shiny head.  :)

Agreed. People need to see it. You put effort into maintaining that splendid bald head. Now show it off to the world.

Too right   JUles  , but   I will wear  one  if the sun is very strong  or apply factor 5o to make me head shine even more 

Offline IllinoisBaldy

• Sly
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2012, 06:24:01 PM »
IllinoisBaldy, I hope you get to the point that you can accept the scar--I can say your presence on this forum and the help you've offered other guys in the same situation is really admirable O0

Thanks saintc.  I'll get there!

I agree with saint on this Illinois. I say toss the cap and get your dome out there; stand tall and proud and show everyone you've chosen to take the smarter route!   O0

I hear you loud and clear xnewyawka.  Thanks for the encouragement.  O0

Enter your email address: