Author Topic: Using Conditioner to Headshave  (Read 1793 times)

Offline ZerroDefex

• Sly Jr.
Using Conditioner to Headshave
« on: April 08, 2012, 08:39:43 PM »
So I was making the transition from shaving my head in at the sink to doing it in the shower, largely to save time and water in the morning. I still do my face at the sink after the shower as I need to be able to see what I'm doing (needing my glasses on as well rules out using a mirror in the shower.)

The problem was that I'd lather up my scalp with a shaving brush but after the first pass I'll often need to apply another layer before going in the other direction (I need to go front-to-back, back-to-front, and side-to-side to get it all smooth.) So not being able to bring my cup and brush into the shower with my due to lack of space I decided to improvise with some conditioner for the second pass.

Turned out it worked so well that today I used just the conditioner from the start and got the smoothest shave I've had yet.  :)

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
Re: Using Conditioner to Headshave
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 06:44:43 AM »
I've thought about that but I was concerned that the conditioner would clog the blades. Did you have any problems with clogging?
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline BaldHDbiker

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 07:32:14 AM »
Someone else posted recently that they used conditioner. May be worth a try. :)

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 08:27:21 AM »
I've done it when I've traveled--not bad, but not something I'd want to do too often.

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 11:43:12 AM »
The last time a pro barber did my head he rinsedafter the first shave and re-latheredfor anther shave

Offline ZerroDefex

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 07:57:32 PM »
I've thought about that but I was concerned that the conditioner would clog the blades. Did you have any problems with clogging?

Less clogging than I had with oil or gel, hardly any at all.