Author Topic: going bald with a weird headshape!  (Read 23903 times)

Offline Soontobebald

• Learning the way of Sly
going bald with a weird headshape!
« on: April 02, 2012, 03:17:22 AM »
Hey guys!

I just wanted to share my story and ask for your honest opinions.

I'm 28 and have been balding for years. Lately its gotten to the point where the hair at the top of my head has gotten so thin that I was really concidering shaving it all off. Going for the bald look is an easy choice when you got a nice headshape for it. Unfortunately I have this ridge on the top of my head that has me very self concious about shaving it all off.

Couple days ago I felt brave enough and shaved it all to 0.8mm to get a feel what it would look like going completely bald. When I was done I had a good look in the mirror on all sides and to my horror (best way to describe the feeling at that time), noticed how weirdly shapen my skull is. The top back part of my head is flat instead of curved, the top of my head runs down at a weird angle to the front, and as mentioned before, I have this ridge on the top of my head.

Since noticing, it's all I can think of. I know there is little to nothing that I can do about it, but it has completely shot my self esteem. Nobody has ever commented on my headshape, but then again that's not to say they dont notice it. I'm recently single again after a relationship of 6 years and i fear this will seriously hinder my chances of finding love again.

Which brings me to the reason of this post. How bad does it look? Please be brutally honest. Is there anyone in a simular situation that has some advice? I've included some photo's. Thanks for taking the time to read and comment.

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
Re: going bald with a weird headshape!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 03:51:11 AM »
hey and welcome.
it's barely unnoticeable. trust me, it's only your mind playing with you.
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 06:01:38 AM »
mostly in your mind not others.  shave it

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 06:12:41 AM »
Well, said. Shave it.

Your current hair is essentially bald. You'll loose the 'shadow' look, but other than that, it's a smooth transition between the photos above and shaved bald. You're ready. Go for it right now.  No need to wait.  Your head shape looks great. Bald will suit you well.

Offline 4fit

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 06:18:45 AM »
Please resubmit photos .... you accidentally posted pics of some good looking guy with a normal head.

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • The Bald by Choice Men group
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 06:47:21 AM »
in my opinion you're much more worried than you should have to be, your head shape is quite normal, so you should not be afraid to shave all off, you're going to look good.

seahawk guy

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 07:04:51 AM »
Yes. I agree.  You're being much too selfcritical. Actually you've got rather a good headshape. Many guys would be pretty envious. None of us ever sees our own headshape as anyway near perfect.

Offline usmcpelon

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 07:19:22 AM »
Welcome.  There is nothing wrong with that head.  Actually it looks great.  Go ahead and shave it bald.  I guarantee you will get a lot of good compliments and you won't have trouble finding love. 

Offline stasiu

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • All dressed up & no hair to go !
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 07:53:45 AM »
Your headshape / facial features / body type is what makes you so unique and special !  Nothing wrong with your headshape at all !  Enjoy the current blade setting or go for the lather and razor and try it smooth for a month !  Nothing to lose but gain confidence !  Good Luck !

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2012, 08:33:46 AM »
You're over-thinking this!  You don't have a perfectly round head, none of us do, that's only for Charlie Brown.  But consider, do you have the head shape for a combover?  No one has one of those either! 
You're head's fine, you just have to clean out the junk thoughts about head shape that are inside, and shave down the outside, then get out and enjoy life.  There's too much to do in life to worry about hair that's there and soon not to be there--neatly done by you with a razor, or left a mess if you let Mother Nature handle it. 

Offline Dave52

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2012, 08:59:10 AM »
Looks fine O0
Be thnakful you never wnet down the HT route and have scars to deal with :-[
You look great
Go out and enjoy life  :)

Offline BaldHDbiker

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2012, 09:37:26 AM »
It looks fine to me. We are our own worst critics.

Shave and enjoy.  8)

Offline Soontobebald

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2012, 10:27:22 AM »
Thanks for the kind words guys! You might be right about it being in my head for the most part.

Think I'll shave it all off in a couple of days to see how it looks. I'll be sure to post some pictures.
Who knows, maybe it will boost my confidence.  :)

Offline balddaniel

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2012, 02:21:36 PM »
I think your head shape is just fine.  You really should shave it.  I think you will look great!

Offline devonlad

• Sly
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2012, 02:26:01 PM »
It will look just fine

Enter your email address: