Author Topic: Inflamed follicles/Folliculitis  (Read 4466 times)

Offline briancl

• Sly Jr.
Inflamed follicles/Folliculitis
« on: March 27, 2012, 12:56:51 PM »
It seems I have a problem where the hair isn't even ingrown and it will just become inflamed. I have tried using mach 3 turbo, schick hydro 5, fusion, and even the panasonic arc 3 electric razor. I still have the same problem. I don't have a lot of facial hair, but each hair tends to grow very sharp and coarse. It feels like it's always ripping through my skin to grow out. I'm 27, but it seems I am getting more and more facial hair at this stage of my life. I always use a clean, sharp razor with exfoliation and good lubrication. I shave in the shower too, so the hair should be softened with the hot water. Still, from time to time several follicles will get inflamed for no apparent reason. Is it possible it's just new hair growing? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Offline JuniorNA

• Sly Jr.
Re: Inflamed follicles/Folliculitis
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 09:57:51 AM »
Im 30 yrs old and a day hasn't gone by in my life that I don't think about the ingrowns on my face. and especially even more worry since I started shaving the dome.  All of those 3,4,5 blade razors did nothing but make things worse. About 10 years ago I discovered DE "safety razor" and feather blades. I go WTG and have a Great close shave for myself.

I can only go WTG on my face so close is a relative term. I know If I even go across the grain my face will be destroyed the next day when the hairs try to break through the skin. I guess when you have curly hair it curls right back into the face and doesnt break skin. I used to have 20 minute "pin sessions " and help the hairs get loose by popping them out with a clean safety pin.

Anyway. Sorry for yapping. I use bump stopper and bump patrol and that helps the hair break through the skin which makes the skin less irritated and makes the hair softer so it doesn't curl back in the skin and cause red bumps. Tend skin, bump stopper and bump patrol are all I live by to keep the Ingrown's at bay

Offline alanlthomas

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 05:05:07 AM »
Every body who will use the hard kind of shaving creams or lotions containing chemicals will harm their face. So try to avoid those lotion or creams. I also never use chemical lotions after shaving.

Offline Stan K

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 06:36:27 AM »
Hey,

I know it's a old thread, but I had this problem for a long time, no matter what kind of shaver (safety razor, cartridge razor, electric...) until I asked a dermatologist about it. He gave me a prescription for a solution containing 1% Chloramphenicol and 99% 2-Propanol (70%) - works like a charm, no problems ever since!

Offline Scottakist

• Sly Jr.
  • Permanent Color Technician
    • Permanent Color Technicians
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 04:44:47 PM »
Why not just grow a beard?
If your not having fun... Your doing it wrong.