Author Topic: Two Fitty - My Story  (Read 2762 times)

Offline Tbone

• Sly Jr.
Two Fitty - My Story
« on: May 05, 2007, 11:16:04 PM »
Well, today is a sad day my friends. Hit 250 on the scale. ok well if you want to hear it, here's my "get fat or die trying" story.

I'm 6'2 250lbs. I'm 20 and have been out of high school since 2005. I played football my freshman and sophmore year and weighed a relatively lean 220. Broke my left tibia at the end of sophmore year and ended up stopping football. During that summer since I was in a cast I got pretty soft. Hit 240 by the beginning of my junior year. Then, over the next two years I got down to 200 and was in the best shape of my life. Graduated highschool looking solid and feeling good. That was Spring of 2005. Since then, a breakup and two surgeries for my right knee (acl and meniscus). Last surgery was in January and it was done by the same surgeon who did Shaun Livingston (LA Clippers) knee reconstruction. Well now I have hit by far the fattest I've ever been in my life. It sucks, the last girl I was serious with honestly had a problem with my weight. I am really at a loss for what to do here. I am very very busy, Full-time school and Full-time work. I don't have 15 minutes to make a meal really. The friends I worked out with and grew accustomed to going to the gym with are all around the US now.

I really hope to get some kind of sanity scraped together this summer. It's not that I'm not active, I am, but I should be lifting and things like that. I'm going to by all means kick my own ass if I don't get going on something soon. My diet sucks so that will probably be the first thing I try and change. If anyone has any recommendations let me know. I'm not looking for a crash coarse diet, but making lifestyle changes such as knocking out empty calories like soda. My goal is 220 by Start of fall semester.

Bottom line - you got to look good to pull off the sly look.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Two Fitty - My Story
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 06:46:27 AM »
T-Bone, sounds like stress is playing a huge part in your life and in your problem.  Reduce the stress, reduce the weight. One of the greatest ways to reduce stress is exercise.  You said you have no time in your day..Then you need to restructure your day that makes exercise part of the normal routine.   How about walking to work or school.  How about studying on an exercise bike?  Lifestyle changes?  Fat has more calories than sugars.  Need to reduce or eliminate both of those.  Look into vegetarian lifestyle.  Avoid all eating out at fast food places which are handy when time crunched but hell on the body.   Setting small, short reachable goals for yourself can help too.  Finally, keep your sly brothers informed.  This is a great place for support.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Two Fitty - My Story
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 07:03:46 AM »
Try the Abs Diet:

http://www.absdiet.com/uof/absdiet/

There is, of course, a lot of hype on that webpage -- I've been doing it for a lot longer than 6 weeks and I do I have washboard abs yet?  (um, NO  :().   But there are some really good diet and exercise tips in here.   It teaches you how to eat healthy without feeling deprived and hungry all the time.  It's not really a diet, per se, but a lifestyle change.

Good luck!!