Author Topic: Should I do it now??  (Read 2250 times)

Accepted

Should I do it now??
« on: March 07, 2012, 04:38:33 AM »
Hey guys,
               Firstly, I just want to say how great this site is! Everyone is so positive and so helpful and so accepting it's awesome!!
My hair has been thinning for a while (MPB) lol and i'm 20... I've decided I want to join the brotherhood! hehe

My only question is the following:
I have about 4 months of University left, till i'm free and have a fresh start... Right now I still have enough hair (in the sense no one has really noticed) although i have major receeding temples and yeah the spot on the crown sure is coming in quick
So basically I just want to know what you guys would do... would you advice me to shave it off now or wait??
I keep it at about 1cm generally...

Thanks a ton!! and once again, best forum ever!!

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
Re: Should I do it now??
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 05:03:43 AM »
hey and welcome.
well, it depends on your personality.
if you don't care about what the others think, you will do it now, but if you do, you'll find the transition horrifying.
I had a fresh start and it felt good.
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline Acme

• Super Sly
  • Who's the bald guy?
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 05:39:20 AM »
Personally, I'd probably wait the short period of time but like Paul said, it depends on your personality.

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 05:58:35 AM »
If you do go ahead and shave your head, you will gain the confidence of yourself to be yourself. 

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 06:16:45 AM »
You're thinking about it, recognizing the signs of early mpb, you're young, it's spring--find a St. Baldrick's session--google--and do it for St. Baldrick's and get any extra benefit for yourself.  You'll find it enjoyable. 

Offline Partyofone

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 06:34:41 AM »
Almost identical situation. Leaving uni in a few months and will most likely never see most of these people again. I could wait until then to shave my head, but I'd still have to spend the next four months thinking about it, and it preventing me from doing certain things.
I'm biting the bullet, so should you.

Offline Scary Terry

• Sly Jr.
  • SBG Brand-Newbie
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 07:30:51 AM »
You're thinking about it, recognizing the signs of early mpb, you're young, it's spring--find a St. Baldrick's session--google--and do it for St. Baldrick's and get any extra benefit for yourself.  You'll find it enjoyable.
Well spoken Saintc...
If you do the St Baldricks thing, You finish uni, and the last memory most of these people have of you is very positive. What they will remember is a brave, independant, and generous spirit...What a great start in life. It'll also give you a wonderful feeling of having helped out a great cause as you sport some St Baldricks swag through your final weeks at uni.
ScaryTerry

Accepted

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 08:18:13 AM »
Thanks a ton for you replies guys!! Don't think I can do the St. Baldrick's session though because I live in the Netherlands...

but i think i'll just wait out the next 4 months because I have exams etc and I think it's better to just focus on that for now...

but as soon as I graduate I'm definately going to bite the bullet!!

Thanks again everyone, have a great day!!