Author Topic: Cool story today  (Read 5624 times)

Offline AgeTwentyTwoBaldy

• More sly than a fox
  • Sly
  • Penn State's sly icon
Cool story today
« on: February 22, 2012, 06:05:24 AM »
This just happened about half an hour ago. I was walking through the hall in my dorm building and a kid who is going bald stopped me and asked me about shaving his head. He wondered if he should try it and how to go about doing it, so I offered him some of the advice I've seen here. He told me he is going to give it a try this weekend and then tell me how he likes it. I thought it would take some time for me to be appraoched, but it hasn't been long at all!

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
Re: Cool story today
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 06:31:43 AM »
Way to go!  Shaving bald is 'contagious'.  Thanks for sharing.

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 06:53:33 AM »
nice.
next time tell him about this website ;)
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 09:07:00 AM »
You've become an ambassador for the sly look!  Did you tell him that having a smooth dome is incredibly addictive?  :)

• More sly than a fox
  • Sly
  • Penn State's sly icon
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 09:33:23 AM »
^ yea, I may have mentioned something about that.  O:O

Offline The Scottish Ambassador

• Scottish Ambassador to SBG!
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 11:31:53 AM »
Was ur avatar pic taken after this happened? You look like the cat that got the cream!!!
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!

Offline stasiu

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • All dressed up & no hair to go !
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 02:05:56 PM »
I predict that Penn State's Sly Icon is gonna have a lot of sly followers by end of semester ! ;D

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 02:23:30 PM »
thanks 4 sharing that awesome story.  keep us posted on his road 2 slyness. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

• More sly than a fox
  • Sly
  • Penn State's sly icon
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 01:01:47 PM »
He approached me today and he has shaved his head completely. He asked me how I thought he looked, and I'd say he looks quite good with it. I offered him the tip of using an aloe soap to wash his head to get a better shine. I also told him to keep it for at least 30 days to see if he likes it, and to give it a fair chance. So far so good, it seems!  O0

Offline NESTYdPOGI

• Sly
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 06:40:06 PM »
Great work AgeTwentyTwobaldy O0 You have just given the kid new hope and zest in life by adding confidence that comes from being bald. O0 O0

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2012, 07:07:20 PM »
Nice! Thanks for sharing, A22B!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2012, 09:36:20 PM »
He approached me today and he has shaved his head completely. He asked me how I thought he looked, and I'd say he looks quite good with it. I offered him the tip of using an aloe soap to wash his head to get a better shine. I also told him to keep it for at least 30 days to see if he likes it, and to give it a fair chance. So far so good, it seems!  O0

Do you have any idea how lucky you are?  You have proven that you were able to find a solution to your "problem", that you were man enough to do what needed to be done, and now you're helping others do the same, when there are guys who are more than twice your age who haven't even begun to figure any of this out yet.  Given a choice, most guys wouldn't go bald by age 22, but it can be a huge advantage to get the issue out of the way at an early age. Ya done good, son!   ;)

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2012, 11:43:39 PM »
Now if only the middle aged comb over guys would approach someone like myself and then go sly!  It seems like balding middle aged guys are harder nuts to crack when it comes to going sly!  At least it seems younger guys have a easier time of doing it!

Offline Sean25

• Super Sly
  • 2010 sly fantasy football champ!
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2012, 02:24:30 AM »
That's an awesome feeling isn't it?  I've had a few question me about it but I've never had the chance to see results.

• More sly than a fox
  • Sly
  • Penn State's sly icon
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2012, 09:27:04 AM »

Do you have any idea how lucky you are?  You have proven that you were able to find a solution to your "problem", that you were man enough to do what needed to be done, and now you're helping others do the same, when there are guys who are more than twice your age who haven't even begun to figure any of this out yet.  Given a choice, most guys wouldn't go bald by age 22, but it can be a huge advantage to get the issue out of the way at an early age. Ya done good, son!   ;)

Thanks a lot, Razor X. I really wish I had been able to do this even a year ago, when I first realized my hair was on its way out. You’re right, I am very lucky, and in more than one way. The sly look is a lot more socially accepted now than it was 50 years ago. I am lucky to be alive right now, that's for sure. Not only do people not mind my look, but they actually like it. I seem more easy-going and confident to other people, and that's how I feel. I thought that going bald would make me less popular or approachable, but that hasn't been the case at all. The exact opposite has occurred.

I honestly can’t even begin to describe how I walk with such a command over myself now. Just 33 days ago, when I still had the dreaded widow’s peak, I walked with my chin down and was ashamed of my appearance. The sly look is a definite upgrade. I can feel it, see it, and live it firsthand. Shaving my head caused the floodgates of confidence to rush open, and there’s no stopping it now. The proverbial sleeper has awoken, and the few who won’t accept my looks for what they are can get out of the way and make more room for everyone else that does.

When I decided to shave my head, I realized that I had nothing to lose, besides my hair. What I gained with the loss of my hair is a whole new attitude, a persona, a swagger, and a way of life that has taken my experiences to a new level already. I see things in a whole new way, and I’m sure others see me in a new way, too. Gone are the days of being ashamed of a widow’s peak. This shiny bald head and the prideful grin of the man wearing it are taking life by the horns. My life has changed forever and there’s no turning back now.

Wear your sly heads with pride, gentlemen. There’s not a reason in the world not to.
 O0