Author Topic: Any baseball fans here?  (Read 11377 times)

Offline palmerproject

• Sly
  • been shaving since 5-14-2012
Re: Any baseball fans here?
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2012, 06:39:19 PM »
go d' backs.
sly for life!!!

Offline yelloboy32

• Sly Jr.
  • Don't talk about it, Be about it
    • Williams On Sports
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2012, 08:35:39 AM »
"Success is a journey, not a destination...the doing is more important than the outcome". -Arthur Ashe

Offline kevcart5

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2012, 06:49:54 AM »
Big time baseball fan. After years of watching a bad team the Rangers have finally figured it out. I sure hope they get back to the Fall Classic and that the 3rd time is the charm
Jesus would rather go to hell for you than go to Heaven without you.
Max Lucado

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2012, 08:48:56 AM »
I Love baseball and maybe you should feel sorry for me......... I'm an Orioles fan.

I'll see your O's and raise you an A's.

Have pity on me.

But Dude.... now you have Manny.

Right now, Billy Beane is a junk parts dealer. We're not going anywhere, and it's a low risk investment. I'm just hoping he can spin him off for a decent prospect at the trade deadline.

As much as I hate this situation my A's are in, I can appreciate what they're doing. Most talent evaluators view the trades the A's made this year as very smart and that the A's came out on the better end on all of them. Although that bodes well for the future, the present is going to be kind of rough.

DAMN, I LOVE QUOTING MYSELF!

Anyway, this year has been a pleasant surprise for my beloved A's. As I said earler, most baseball people thought the A's got the better end of the deals they made. They gave up Andrew Bailey (hurt), Trevor Cahill (6-7), Craig Breslow (good reliever) and Gio Gonzalez (All Star). But in return they got Jarrod Parker (5-3, 2.46 ERA), Tommy Milone (8-6, 3.73), Ryan Cook (Closer, picked for All Star), Derek Norris (soon to be starting catcher), plus two other prospects that apparently have "can't miss" written all over them.

Now, if those jerks in San Francisco can stop being a-holes about the whole territorial rights crap and let the A's move to San Jose, the A's will clearly be a franchise to be reckoned with.

GO A'S!!! 

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2012, 05:14:16 PM »
Huge Giants fan here and a huge Tim Lincecum fan. Gonna go watch the Giants kick some Dodgers ass on the 29th. GO GIANTS!!
Hair is over rated.

Offline yelloboy32

• Sly Jr.
  • Don't talk about it, Be about it
    • Williams On Sports
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2012, 02:16:14 PM »
Huge Giants fan here and a huge Tim Lincecum fan. Gonna go watch the Giants kick some Dodgers ass on the 29th. GO GIANTS!!

Lincecum has been awful this season. Doesn't have good stuff at all!!

Go Dodgers!
"Success is a journey, not a destination...the doing is more important than the outcome". -Arthur Ashe

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2012, 02:22:05 PM »

Lincecum has been awful this season. Doesn't have good stuff at all!!

Go Dodgers!

Lincecum will bounce back. The season's only half over.

GO GIANTS!!
Hair is over rated.

Enter your email address: