Author Topic: This site is perfect  (Read 1109 times)

Offline Markhornet

• Learning the way of Sly
  • "I came into this world bald and ..."
This site is perfect
« on: February 18, 2012, 05:41:59 AM »
I am a newly shorn member. I have been going bald since my teen years. 15 years ago, I started razoring my own hair with a #2 or #3 guard. The short style actually made me look less bald and younger somehow. For the last 5 years or so I have wondered what I would look like bald. I had read that the only way to know for sure was to do it and see if I had a head that looked good bald. I had no guts. I continually talked myself out of it. On Feb 8, 2012, I was changing up in the locker room at my local gym and got to talking to a bald guy. Mostly about the maintenance. He sensed the chum in the water and said the magic words, "Go for it, join the group. If it looks bad your hair will grow back." I was convinced. I finished up there, ran a few last errands and headed home. Before I could change my mind, I pulled out my electric razor with no guard, turned it on and ran it up from the bottom of one sideburn right up to the top bald part of my head. There was no turning back.
     A couple of days later, I had questions. Was there a quicker way than shaving or razoring? My wife suggested I talk to some bald guys who could answer my questions. Being a long time computer geek, I instantly thought there must be a website for bald guys. I googled "Hair Removal Cream" and after the first few Nair websites, there was a thread for hair removal cream. I clicked on it and was directed to the thread in this forum. From that I read countless other threads and learned the answers to all my questions. I shave in the shower with a Mach 3 blade. I wet my head (sheesh I typed hair at first), exfoliate it with St. Ives Apricot Scrub, apply some shaving soap, some baldguyz gel and shave away. Just this morning I got a super smooth shave with no cuts. I think it looks great. I'm waiting for a mail order to get some Head Matte/Glossy after products. I couldn't have done all this without the information from this website. Tyler, you and the other great guys here should be extremely proud of yourselves. This is a fantastic website and evidence of the internet at its working best. I will spread the word to other sly guys as I meet them.

Mark

When my wife gets home from work, we'll get a picture of this great bald head and upload it. If I remember ...

All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
Re: This site is perfect
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 06:32:56 AM »
Mark, thanks for joining us. The guys here are ready to answer your questions and begin bald and head shaving. Nice group.  They have been good at coaching me.

This morning's time with the head blade and head slick was excellent. Probably my smoothest shave yet. Day 31. 

Give yourself the full 30 days. You won't want to go back to message with hair. Thanks to the guy who challenged you with the "Just do it".  I'll say the same.  Just do it.

Offline NESTYdPOGI

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 07:00:29 AM »
Yup i strongly agree with mrzed!!! >:(

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 02:16:28 PM »
Nice post Mark.

I've got to ask.... are you related to "The Green"??  ;)
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline ProphetNoir

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 06:34:29 PM »
Welcome to the party and congratulations.  You wear the bald head very well.  I hope that you are pleased with it.