Author Topic: Have SD need some advice on buzzing the hair off  (Read 3172 times)

Offline NYed

• Learning the way of Sly
Have SD need some advice on buzzing the hair off
« on: February 09, 2012, 04:44:55 PM »
Hello all,

I have a question regarding buzzing my own hair off. I have been a year long suffer of Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and I just cant stand it anymore. I've been shedding, scaling, and itching like crazy more aggressively than usual, but I actually think it's getting better, tons of dead skin is falling out and it feels healthier. However, my issue is will buzzing my hair off make it better or worse? I want this desperately to go away and at this point I could care less what I look like. Has anyone else had this issue with SD and trimmed their hair down? Or had success with fighting SD? Thanks

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Have SD need some advice on buzzing the hair off
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 05:01:32 PM »
Hey Ed,
Although buzzing off the hair will allow any topical treatments to make contact with your scalp easier, you won't get complete relief from SD by buzzing alone. I've suffered with SD for years .......... until I went slyO:O

I started shaving my head five years ago, and kept it shaved mainly because of the complete relief I get. It might be a little rough at first, but stick with it. Not only are you shaving your hair, you're keeping the scalp clean of dead skin and other crap. Just remember to wash your dome, and apply a post shave moisturizer.

Good luck!

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Slynito

Re: Have SD need some advice on buzzing the hair off
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 07:41:24 PM »
Someone was recently telling me they treated this with Virgin Coconut Oil with success. I saw that my neighbor got rid of her psoriasis medicating with VCO.