Author Topic: Question...  (Read 2091 times)

Offline imaginary

• Sly
Question...
« on: February 01, 2012, 06:04:00 PM »
This one has been bugging me for months: I'm generally friendly with just about everyone, but I noticed that there is this one girl in church who has acted different ways to me ever since she came in. Where we congregate, we are very informal. We hug and kiss each other depending on the individual. With this person, it has been a very formal greeting, and at more than one point not even acknowledging me at all unless if there is a group. I feel I am the only one this happens to. Back in December, we actually had small talk, which makes things more awkward. I don't know if she recognizes me from somewhere in the past, but it has boggled my brain. To make matters crazier, I've had a slight crush on her, but have even been willing to distance myself from her family (which is not too much of an easy feat considering they like me) out of respect. Considering I have a background of toxic relationships, my first response would be she doesn't like me. Now, I don't know what to think.

Once upon a time. The End.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Question...
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 05:39:12 AM »
I think that since you admit you have a crush on her, and at this point she has not reciprocated, you THINK she is stand-offish to you. Often when something doesn't seem right, it is in the mind of the offended rather than reality.

Think about it...........

"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 08:13:29 AM »
I say her BF keeps her on a leash :D
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline imaginary

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 12:07:33 PM »
Although I have noticed that, I do believe that lack of acknowledgement is not perception. I have been in areas with other people where she would greet the others and pass me by. And as for a BF keeping her on a leash, I doubt it. She is the career oriented type of person, so she spends most of her time between the job and church.
Once upon a time. The End.

Slynito

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 07:41:31 AM »
Have you tried giving her some (genuine) compliments? They are ice breakers and women love to hear them.

Enter your email address: