Author Topic: The Dukan Diet  (Read 3712 times)

Offline thebbqguy

• Sly
    • Get Your Prep On
The Dukan Diet
« on: January 27, 2012, 07:58:27 PM »
I lost 27 lbs on the Dukan Diet in about 5 months. My wife lost 23 lbs. The good news is that we've both kept the weight off. 

I've tried other diets, but couldn't keep the weight off. Anyone else tried this diet or something similar? 

I'd recommend it for anyone that has tried to lose weight and had difficulty. The first 3 or 4 days are challenging, but after that it gets a lot easier. Eating high protein for 4 days sounds easy, but it gets tough about day 2 1/2 or 3.

I've had blood work recently and their has been no significant change. I actually saw it on Dr. Oz.

TheBBQGuy

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
Re: The Dukan Diet
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 08:38:12 PM »
I've not done this diet, but I do have to watch what I eat to maintain a reasonable weight.

Our Chiropractor features several eating plans. Core Plan, Advanced Plan. I generally eat the Advanced plan. It's for people who need serious weight loss or have chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, chronic fatigue, cancer, etc.

Basically, kill all sugars and things that turn to sugar quickly.  (and no artificial sweeteners either). including corn, potatoes, all grains, beets, peas.

Eat natural proteins -- grass fed, hormone free meats, poultry and fish.

Eat healthy fats (olive oil, coconut oil and grape seed oil. Raw milk and butter). Avoid damaged fats. Almost all others, and ALL hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated fats. Avoid canola, corn, sunflower, safflower, vegetable oil.

Beans, greens, squashes eggplants. All you want. Raw nuts. Raw salad greens.

You may eat ALL you want. I'm stuffed and loose weight.

The core diet is less strict and permits whole grains, the more starchy vegetables.

I really like the eating plan but it takes some adjustment to get used to it.

Slynito

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 07:12:04 AM »
Looks interesting and worth a study, thank you.

O:O

Offline thebbqguy

• Sly
    • Get Your Prep On
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 07:54:03 PM »
mrzed

The Dukan Diet is very similar to the plan you outlined.
TheBBQGuy

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 08:07:49 PM »
mrzed

The Dukan Diet is very similar to the plan you outlined.

When I stick pretty tight to this diet, I feel well. My weight stabalizes at a healthy one and I'm not hungry. It's not that hard to do. It IS hard to try to do this kind of diet and eat out at common restaurants. American restaurants focus on the MEAT, with heavy sugar and potatoes.  This diet eliminates or minimizes these common American foods, so you almost have to cook for yourself and make a lot from scratch.

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 02:33:55 AM »
Not keen on all the meat but fresh veg sounds good

Offline thebbqguy

• Sly
    • Get Your Prep On
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2012, 06:48:41 AM »
I thought I'd post an update on the Dukan Diet for anyone that is wondering or who has thought about trying it.

I started the diet in May 2011 and by September 2011 I lost 27 lbs and weighed 187 1/2 pounds.  I am almost 6 feet tall and I was very lean and fit at that point.  I stopped strict adherence to the diet, but still limited starch, bread, butter, oils, etc. and emphasized meats that are high in protein like fish, chicken, grass fed beef and bison.

My weight now varies between 192-193 lbs, but is very stable. I don't think you can stick to the Dukan Diet as a permanent lifestyle, but it can kick start your weight loss and "get you over the hump" and on the journey to a healthier lifestyle.

Being on the diet also helped lead me to a new business opportunity.

TheBBQGuy

Offline cbhattarai

• Learning the way of Sly
    • health Magic
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2012, 03:18:16 AM »
It seems that Dukan Dite Plan has worked for almost many people....

I have seen that most of the peopel have used it and has got great success...