Author Topic: 22 years old and balding  (Read 20354 times)

Offline Venom

• Sly Guy in Training
22 years old and balding
« on: January 15, 2012, 10:16:55 PM »
Ok what's up guys. I'm 22 and I'm going bald.
I already went through the whole depression phase...
When I was 16 I grew my hair out and I looked awesome like one of those Anime characters and their cool hair. I had already noticed my hair line receding but I never cared. Losing my hair didn't even pass through my mind back then. Then I trimmed it all off for graduation... Got a lining... and I kept it short after that.

I went to the barber all the time to get it "lined up" and it was a horseshoe shape by the time I was 19. I guess I was in denial or whatever... So around 20 years old I decided to stop going to the barber and "grow it out" I looked at my 16 year old pictures and kinda missed having long hair. So I let it grow. I bought a bunch of hats so I could wear while it grew out and kept it from everyone until it was "ready"

But as you guessed... it was THIN at the top. That's when depression hit.
My life was over. I wore hats to work EVERYDAY. I worked at a factory with the HEAT from the outside and heat from the machines made it horrible. When I got out of work my hat was sweaty and wet. But I didn't take it off. One time my coworkers asked me to show them my hair. I took off my hat and they noticed right away "Oh my God you're already balding?" I'm like yeah... I made it seem like I didn't care but I did.

So anyway. Yeah my life was over, I didn't know what to do.
I lost all hope. No more chance of me ever getting a girlfriend... Everytime I went out I had the constant paranoia of what do people think of me.  It sucked.

So I decided to get it short again. Like number 2 on top and 0 on the sides. That was my normal hair cut before I grew it out.
It looked" ok" But every couple months it started being more noticeable. Less and less hair in the horsehoe shape creeping to the top.

So then I decided to buy me a machine that cuts it off to the shortest possible without actually shaving. The balding clipper? On amazon.

So I did that and it wasawesome. But now even with that short cut it is notiecable. And I hate it. I do not talk to girls. That is the main thing that I am soooo mad about.
I can not talk to girls.
I have no hope for girls.
I feel like I will live the rest of my life alone.
During my depression phase I did think of suicide alot.
What's the point of living alone.
you know?
Why me? I see all these other guys with their long hair...
Older guys.
Guys that treat girls horrible and still get girls. Guys that don't have jobs/priorities and still get girls.
Guys that drink, do drugs, in gangs, etc. that get girls.

But me.. a guy that doesn't do any of that... is cursed with balding at this age.
What girl MY AGE would want to go out with a guy that is balding?
NONE.
That is why I have no hope.

But anyway.. that's my story.
And it sounds like a page out of my diary ha. But I just had to spill it.
I don't talk to anyone about it. I still hide it. None of my friends know and I'm afraid of the day they will finally NOTICE it. I wear hats.. and it's winter so I am wearing a beanie...
But I fear that day.

And I will post a picture of me so you can see how it is progressing.
It's a high angle so you can see.

With and without flash.
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a347/aztec_vamp/IMG_20120115_231256.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a347/aztec_vamp/IMG_20120115_231303.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a347/aztec_vamp/IMG_20120115_231211.jpg

Ok. But anyway. Finally.
The reason I joined this site is to prepare myself for when I do shave completely..

I'm Mexican by the way...
It kinda helps heh.

although I'd look kind of thuggish. I don't mind.
I did dress and was into that lifestyle back in my teens, but now I will counter act the shaved head goatee by dressing more mature. Which I should do anyway.

But yeah. That's my story. It's still affects me, I still get sad, and I still get jealous/angry.
Thanks.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: 22 years old and balding
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 10:26:22 PM »
It doesn't look bad to me at all and the recession looks minimal -- a far cry from the horseshoe you mentioned. I really don't see what the problem is.   ???

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 10:30:35 PM »
Because, as we all know, all girls look at is hair.

:o

Oh wait. No they don't.

What is it you're looking for? A girl who wants to be with you because she thinks you're a great guy? Or one that's gaga over your great hair?

Welcome to SBG and a dose of reality.

Your life is not over.

Girls will still look at you.

All you've got to do is stop living the self-fulfilling prophecy you've trapped yourself in. You think that you're unattractive (I can tell you from your pictures that you most certainly are not) so you project an aura of "I'm a loser. So don't talk to me!"

That's what keeping any potential lady friends away. Not your appearance.

Again, welcome. I hope you'll find what you need here.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 10:32:24 PM by TheSlyBear »

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 10:45:39 PM »
dude, you're making me lauh.
"all the old people with hair". dude. you don't know what they've risked to have that hair.
B.T.W: the pics are all right, why are you so sad?
Shave it off and feel the freedom. you'll see girls actually like it.
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline Venom

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 10:57:40 PM »
dude, you're making me lauh.
"all the old people with hair". dude. you don't know what they've risked to have that hair.
B.T.W: the pics are all right, why are you so sad?
Shave it off and feel the freedom. you'll see girls actually like it.
Because girls don't like balding guys.  :-\

I do want to shave it off.
But I'm shy.
And I'm afraid of change basically.
Just thinking of what everyone will say.
At work, family, etc.
Ima read some stories on reactions now. Haha.
Maybe they will make me feel better ;D

Offline chgobuzzbald

• Super Sly
  • No more HT scars
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 11:52:22 PM »
Dude you look like a lot of guys today who buzz and clipper shave. Most girls over the age of about 25 think it is sexy. Maybe the girls you like are too young for you ?  Teen girls have not met  many balding guys for the most part yet so they have not had a chance to learn how sexy they are. If you have no confidence in your look then girls will sense that and not come to you. Try to meet older girls and you will be surprised some ONLY like bald guys.

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 12:09:19 AM »
First off, welcome to SBGs!!! 8)

When I was 22 and balding...I hung on to my hair longer than I should have, but now wish I had gone SLY then or even at 20.

I bet our "balding" is very similar.  I'm confident if you go SLY, you will like it...and as everyone will tell you here, it will grow back if it isn't for you.

Chances are, it is. O0

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2012, 05:23:43 AM »
Hair is NOT what makes a man.  Any decent girl will be looking for a guy who respects her, treats her well, has a nice personality.

Turn it around. The ladies are usually so concerned about their weight ... obsessively so.  But you do find overweight or plump women who are happily married. Their guy loves them. Their personality far outweighs their physical weight.

Let your personality far outweigh your hair or lack of hair.  Take a look at the pictures of the guys here on SBG. You'll find happy guys with absolutely no hair on top, whether balding or bald by choice.  Fortunately, today, bald is a very acceptable option.  Your photos look GREAT. Nice shaped head. Uniform clipper. You're nearly bald already. Get the razor out and give it the 30 day trial.  You're only a few days out from returning to your current status.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2012, 07:22:10 AM »
Because girls don't like balding guys.  :-\

I do want to shave it off.
But I'm shy.
And I'm afraid of change basically.
Just thinking of what everyone will say.
At work, family, etc.
Ima read some stories on reactions now. Haha.
Maybe they will make me feel better ;D
You can't say that the ladies don't like bald heads--you've never had one and your not a lady--clean it up and see what a smiling face under a gleaming dome does to the fair sex.  "Change" well that's not unusual, but the change can work for you, give you some confidence--once you can devote time to something else than your hairline.  Mother Nature is relentless, you do have mpb, but it's not as bad as you're making it out to be at this point.  Ultimately you will have less hair--that won't change, but you can change and control it by getting in front of it--controlling it and your life and moving on.  30 days after you shave you'll be used to the new you, and everyone you meet from here on out will only have know you without hair--just your smile and personality.  Move on, hair isn't worth worrying about, life is. 

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2012, 08:22:47 AM »
lemme tell you something about people:
THEY DON'T REALLY FREAKING CARE!
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

marty22

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2012, 08:59:53 AM »
welcome and hang in there!

Offline LAGLE

• Proud To Be Bald By Choice (BBC)
  • Sly
  • Hooah
    • Army Blog
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2012, 01:43:00 PM »
I'm only 21 and i'm bald, only small receding on the sides similiar to yours, girls like it, took a while for htem to get used to it, now they just want to rub it, until it gets prickly of course then they say shave itn  O0

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2012, 07:59:04 AM »
Hair is overrated. You have the head and the shape that can pull of a totally shaved head. You are 22 years old, an adult..you have to freedom to do what you want. As always, confidence is key.
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!