Author Topic: Schick Power Hydro  (Read 2354 times)

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
Schick Power Hydro
« on: January 12, 2012, 01:40:02 PM »
Has anyone got there hands on this yet? I know the non-power version is a fave of many on here.

[Apologies for feeding any razor acquisition disorders  :*))]

Schick Power

From their Facebook page:  January 17th it will be in most major retail stores and cost $10.99.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 01:41:44 PM by |Doug| »

Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Slynito

Re: Schick Power Hydro
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 09:55:49 PM »
Looks like a good tool to add to the collection...but are you ready to trash your DE?

:-\

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 04:56:11 AM »
I'm not ready to trash my DE. The SH5 is my number 2 razor when it comes to shaving head. Some days I'll use that instead of the HeadBlade.
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 12:25:44 PM »
I don't know if this is logical, but based upon my experience with the "power' version of the Fusion razor that was essentially the same as the non-battery powered Fusion device, I would have to hear from several guys that the hassle of another battery powered razor (the Fusion broke down quickly) was matched by a truly superior shaving experience.  I am convinced that preparation is more important than the type of razor, although the SH5 is very good, very comfortable and provides a great experience in peeling the peach--and really is my favorite now.  I'm not inclined to go the DE route since what I have now has never given me anything vaguely resembling razor burn, cuts or other irritation.  So, it's sort of like Lucille Ball's response when they asked her why she never changed up her TV series, "Don't F__k with Success!"
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 12:27:16 PM by saintc »

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 06:25:27 PM »
Great responses saintc & Doug. Thanks for the feed back. I will have to try a SP5. I have not had great luck with DE razors in the past.

O0 O0 O0

Offline Stewie

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 09:14:02 AM »
I just switched to a SH5 from a Gillette ProGlide, and I'm extremely impressed by the SH5! The SH5 gave me the best shave (face and dome) I've ever had. Knocked the Proglide out of the park. I wouldn't mind trying a powered SH5, but I've never noticed a real difference between powered and non-powered... Well besides price.  O0
Stewie