Author Topic: growing out the Goatee  (Read 5966 times)

Offline jaypksfo

• Sly
growing out the Goatee
« on: January 05, 2012, 03:19:54 PM »
So been thinking for awhile now of letting my goatee grow long on the bottom  . . . I'm not sure how this would look on me or how long it will take . . . any thoughts/suggestions

Slynito

Re: growing out the Goatee
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 04:14:59 PM »
You'll look very exotic and mysterious in about a month.  O0

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 04:51:43 PM »
IMHO you look perfect in your avatar, the facial hair is just right. I will not change a thing if I were you.

On a different note, I wish I could get my head as smooth and shiny as your head.  :) 
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline jaypksfo

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 04:55:13 PM »
I dont know why it looks as shiny as it does and without shadow but it does have shadow and looking for a product to make it shine more

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 05:28:51 PM »
I dont know why it looks as shiny as it does and without shadow but it does have shadow and looking for a product to make it shine more

Consider it a blessing. Based on your facial hair, I'm guessing your hair color is jet black and so is mine. But my head is not as shiny as yours, I'm using a regular sunblock cream SPF30. What product do you currently use?
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline jaypksfo

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 05:36:15 PM »
My hair is medium brown/gray.  I dye my facial hair which always comes out darker.  Right now I am using clean and clear lotion that I use on my face.  Tried aloe today - not sure how I feel about that.  I tend not to burn so I dont use sunscreen unless I'm going to be in the sun for hours (which in SF doesnt happen very often).  Plus sun screen smells funny to me.

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 05:48:18 PM »
Aside from my barber and the razor, sunscreen is my best friend. Being in a tropical country where the sun is blazing hot throughout the day I need protection because I am doing fieldwork. I hate wearing hats. I am using one that has no scent.
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 10:37:38 PM »
grow it, show us a pic and then I'll say how it looks :)
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline jaypksfo

• Sly
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2012, 11:17:19 PM »
Changed the Avatar - about 4 days without trimming the bottom part - not much diff yet

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2012, 01:41:42 AM »
Really great avatar, the goatee looks fine.  O0
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline jaypksfo

• Sly
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2012, 10:11:47 AM »
Definatly going to grow it out some and see what happens . . . I got like 3 more compliments yesterday for looking bad ass!  Kinda like that

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2012, 07:43:33 PM »
You look great the way You are. I really like the goatee that you have. IT won't hurt to give it a try though. You can always trim it up again. Personally, I like keeping mine somewhat shorter and groomed.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2012, 07:47:18 PM »
Has great promise, suggest you set a time, like three weeks and take the "pledge" no trimming until.  Sly, it's twenty to thirty minutes to get there--a mature beard of any real length, that's going to take about 6-8 weeks at least, and don't forget all the hairs don't grow at the same rate so you will have a little ragged times until it all comes in at the length you want.  Patience=nice face fur.

Offline jaypksfo

• Sly
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2012, 10:46:34 PM »
Changes the avatar again

Offline jaypksfo

• Sly
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2012, 11:32:40 AM »
got way to itchy and wild as I suspected - trimmed it nice and short . . . looks better anyway I think