Author Topic: Cold Head  (Read 7691 times)

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
Cold Head
« on: January 03, 2012, 03:53:33 PM »
I'm preparing to shave bald later this month.  I'm wondering about what to expect in terms of dealing with cold temperatures on my head.

Currently I'm clippering with no guard on all but the top of my head.  How much different should I expect to feel between no guard and shaved? 

One fellow told me 'big difference'. What do you guys say?

Z

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Cold Head
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 04:00:51 PM »
Nothing really--of course bald in Florida isn't bald in Canada.  So, if you need to wear a hat to be comfortable now that won't change.  The only thing that may change is that you really won't want to wear a hat because you've done such a good job on the bonce and want everyone to see >:D.  In that case vanity may let you endure a chill factor that you'd never have done before, vanity is a driving force at times.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 04:28:24 PM »
Nothing really--of course bald in Florida isn't bald in Canada.   vanity is a driving force at times.

Laughing ...

North Carolina is not usually THAT cold, but today and tomorrow IT"S COLD (below 20F).  But that's not as cold as it was in Alaska when I lived there -50F or -60F at times!  Everyone wore a hat!

Two and a half weeks to BBC.

Z

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 05:10:05 PM »
You'll be surprised how much warmth that little bit of hair you currently sport generates.
Get some skull caps!!
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Slynito

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 06:53:15 PM »
In my opinion it's colder w/o any hair and I wear a skully or other kinds of caps/hats in the winter. I've been to cold areas were I wore a fleece skully 24/7 and felt lucky to have it...I got one on now. Tonight there ain't a dimes worth of difference between Canada and Florida...there are freeze warnings all the way south to Ft. Myers.

Offline ycartt

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 07:12:58 PM »
I agree. I tend to stay colder because of no hair. But a good cap will work.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 08:02:59 PM »
I do have a few wool pull on caps and a greek fisherman's hat that I wear frequently. Makes me look like my grandfather did.

Also have (for the summer) a wide brimmed cacki hat from Australia.  Nice sun shade.

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012, 10:39:07 PM »
there won't be any big diffrence..
It's 4th january and I'm not even wearing a hat ( we've got like 10 degrees C ) :D
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 12:55:24 AM »
Hi mrzed.  I presume you mean a khaki bushman's hat from Australia with wide brim and a tie under the chin.  In some places here where the flies can drive you mad you can add a thick netting over the hat to keep the flies at bay.

It'll be good to wear after 21 January.
Roger

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2012, 03:50:02 AM »
I do have a few wool pull on caps and a greek fisherman's hat that I wear frequently. Makes me look like my grandfather did.

Also have (for the summer) a wide brimmed khaki hat from Australia.  Nice sun shade.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2012, 03:52:18 AM »
Hi mrzed.  I presume you mean a khaki bushman's hat from Australia with wide brim and a tie under the chin. 

Yes, thanks for the spelling lesson. I tried about 15 different ways to spell that word and the spell checking did not recongize any of them. Just gave up and spelled it 'by ear'. I've corrected the post.

Yes, that's the hat. I've had one of those for years. Probably 15 years or more (lost one and replaced it. Current one is getting thread bare from the sun).  Really like it. 

Offline Highguage

• We're all born bald
  • Sly Jr.
  • Love it smooth
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2012, 03:15:28 PM »
I will have to agree, before I started using the razor I would always have alittle bit of hair. that little bit made a difference. However a good tuque will make a world`s of difference.
Bald is the new black!

Offline LAGLE

• Proud To Be Bald By Choice (BBC)
  • Sly
  • Hooah
    • Army Blog
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2012, 10:20:57 PM »
I'm from NC, and the only time i wear anything is when it's after 8 PM, it's been 30 degrees and if the wind is blowing, well, its COLD

Offline Krimson

• Sly
  • Things are not always what they seem to be
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2012, 09:58:19 AM »
I haven't noticed that much of a difference except that the ears must be protected. But wearig earmuffs looks IMHO ridiculous on a bald head so pile up on skull caps.

Offline devonlad

• Sly
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2012, 12:37:58 PM »
A beanie works a treat!