Author Topic: The China Story  (Read 1968 times)

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
The China Story
« on: January 03, 2012, 03:51:10 PM »
I'm reading a book called The China Story. 

Interesting medical research into how our diet (the foods we eat) have a tremendous impact on our health/sickness.

And the Standard American Diet (SAD) is not designed for optimum health!

Give it a read. It might change your choice of foods.

Slynito

Re: The China Story
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 07:08:58 PM »
I've found that middle class Chinese people eat pretty well and insist on quality foods. When you are there I recommend that you never eat the western foods. I eat Chinese food and I stay away from US franchises to stay healthy/well. It is interesting to watch the people coming out of McDonald's, DQ, KFC or Pizza Hut...these are the places where you'll see fat people in China. I ate in a Chinese pizza buffet once...more food and pizza than the "Hut". I couldn't get over how fat the teenagers were...as fat as you'd see in the US.

Offline aarrggh

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 07:17:58 PM »
  They are not fat !    ::)

They are pleasantly plump .   >:D
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 07:20:30 PM by aarrggh »

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 07:59:58 PM »
I've found that middle class Chinese people eat pretty well and insist on quality foods. When you are there I recommend that you never eat the western foods. I eat Chinese food and I stay away from US franchises to stay healthy/well. It is interesting to watch the people coming out of McDonald's, DQ, KFC or Pizza Hut...these are the places where you'll see fat people in China. I ate in a Chinese pizza buffet once...more food and pizza than the "Hut". I couldn't get over how fat the teenagers were...as fat as you'd see in the US.

We saw this in Korea. The people coming out of Burger King and Wendy's were FAT.  Young people eating french fries were FAT. The older people who ate traditional Korean foods and kimchi were thin and healthy looking.

Enter your email address: