Author Topic: completely clean shaven  (Read 8749 times)

Offline IronDisciple25

• Learning the way of Sly
completely clean shaven
« on: December 29, 2011, 05:21:35 PM »
hey guys! i used to be completely clean shaven with no stubble at one point (haven't we all?) but the problem is I dislike my facial stubble and I miss having a completely clean face. i understand the stubble is all about becoming a man and whatnot but i really miss it going down all the way to the skin. although i know it may not happen anytime soon since it's supposed to be expensive but i've considered having my facial hair completely removed. i'm just wondering if i were to get the procedure done, would it get down all the way with no stubble whatsoever? i just want to feel content with the way i look and i'm willing to take durastic measures to feel satisfaction about my appearance.

Offline IronDisciple25

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: completely clean shaven
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 05:22:50 PM »
i apologize if this topic was already made...

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 05:36:58 PM »
I don't understand this post at all.  If you "miss it going all the way down to the skin", can't you just shave your face every day like most guys do? What is the problem? ???

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 07:42:16 PM »
Unless you've experienced a total beard and if you have the capability from a genetic point of view to grow a "mountain man" beard and you're still unhappy, then perhaps--but personally I can't understand why any man would want to be rid of his beard, it's part of being a man.  If you have mpb you probably have a good chance of having good genetics for a beard--why fly against nature?  Your position is hard to understand.  A close shave, yes.  But unless you've experienced a full beard grown out for several months, even a year--I wouldn't even think about the process of having it removed. 

Offline Itall

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 08:42:58 PM »
Shave it. Duh.

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 10:48:58 PM »
I'm not much of a face-shaver, but, is it that hard?:|
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline Acme

• Super Sly
  • Who's the bald guy?
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 11:55:20 PM »
Remove the beard  :o I would never do that!  I had it permananly fixed so I wouldn't have to shape it and since you can still see a shadow even if I shave it, it will still look good.  I would think really hard before you completely remove it.

Slynito

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 09:24:23 AM »
I've had facial hair for a long time and wouldn't shave it all off. I can't give a reason except that I like it.

:/O

Offline Itall

• Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2011, 09:52:40 AM »
I've had facial hair for a long time and wouldn't shave it all off. I can't give a reason except that I like it.

:/O

Ditto.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2011, 11:01:47 AM »
I know the original question Iron asked makes a lot go (?) but every time I go to weekend drill, I have to mull whether to leave just the mustache or to shave it all so I can grow my beard evenly...If the mustache is thick, I'll keep it (can't exceed the corners of the lip) but I refuse to wear a pencil-thin mustache as a sly, though my facial hair grows three times as fast as my scalp "hair"....sometimes a man just can't decide what to do...As for Iron, go ahead and shave it if you want, you could always grow it back....
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2012, 11:30:23 AM »
I don't get this post either Razor. Shaving your face is part of being a man. What is with these guys' who want to totally remove all hair from their face or head??   :/O
Shaving is enjoyable, and you should be able to get a great, smooth shave with all the options we have out there today.

Offline ZerroDefex

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2012, 09:03:55 PM »
I can't stand being clean shaven, if it weren't required on the job site I'd still have my beard. Fortunately that's only for a couple months.

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2012, 02:43:41 AM »
Personal pref , i would grow a goatee but it goes grey sod that , so clean shaven

Offline 4fit

• Super Sly
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2012, 09:46:24 AM »
nuttin' wrong with gray :)

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2012, 10:55:48 AM »
Nah but it makes me look a lot older