Author Topic: Shave Dave  (Read 11892 times)

Offline happyharry

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • bald, bold and beautiful
Shave Dave
« on: October 09, 2006, 07:05:31 AM »
Ladies, let us know how you shave your head.

Also, do you use electrical trimmers or do you use razors? What kind of equipment do you use
and how is it working for you?

Perhaps you've got some shaving tip that would work for us men as well? :)

Who loves ya, baby?

Offline LauraH

• Sly Jr.
  • Life is good!!
Re: Shave Dave
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 02:56:25 PM »
Hi- New here- but I'll bite.
I've shaved my head 3-4 time in the last 10 years. Just did it March 10th for St Baldrick's and loving it again.
I just bought the Wahl Balding Clipper so I will use that. Normally I take it down as low as I can then for fun use an electric shaver then just shaving cream and a razor.
If I can find a barber shop near Chicago I would love to experience a straight razor shave in a barber shop. Can't seem to find a place though.
So I don't have any insight or secrets for Ya.  :)  But it is a good time!
Laura

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 04:10:32 PM »
Welcome to the group LauraH; We are glad you've joined us. There are alot of great people on here. I'm sure you'll like it here. Could you post some pics? We'd love to see them.
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 04:12:27 PM »
Welcome, Laura!!!

Great to have another lady among us O0

BaldRob

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 05:28:33 PM »
Hi- New here- but I'll bite.
I've shaved my head 3-4 time in the last 10 years. Just did it March 10th for St Baldrick's and loving it again.
I just bought the Wahl Balding Clipper so I will use that. Normally I take it down as low as I can then for fun use an electric shaver then just shaving cream and a razor.
If I can find a barber shop near Chicago I would love to experience a straight razor shave in a barber shop. Can't seem to find a place though.
So I don't have any insight or secrets for Ya.  :)  But it is a good time!
Laura

Welcome Laura!  Always good to have another Chicagoan in the mix!  O0

While I haven't looked for a barber in a long, long time, I'm sure that there has got to be at least one in the area that will do the straight razor shave on the head...

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2007, 06:04:35 PM »
Welcome Laura, glad to have another lady join us.  If you are on the north side or north suburbs, I actually know of a barber in Mundelein who will straight razor shave for you.  He has done mine a couple of times. 
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 06:06:30 PM by Paul »
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

jusbnme

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2007, 06:44:45 PM »
Welcome Laura.  Let's see some pics of that sly dome.

Offline LauraH

• Sly Jr.
  • Life is good!!
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2007, 07:55:47 PM »
Howdy- Thanks for the welcome all!
I posted 5 pics in what I think is the gallery section. They are awaiting approval- if I put them in the right area. Still trying to figure out how to attach an avitar.
Here's from St Baldricks site- https://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/shavee_info.html?ShaveeID=6782

Paul- I am a "stone's throw" from Mundelein- Rt 120 and Rt 45. He won't freak if I stop by? I have Navy drill in a few weeks (and they will freak) so I have to wait until April 17 or 18 to shave again. I would love to go to a barber shop. Where's he at?
Thanks again for the welcome everyone.  :@`
Laura

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2007, 08:06:11 PM »
Cool picture, it looks great. Also you are in the Navy,then let me say a big THANK YOU for your service, in the words of my faveorite political talk show host YOU ARE A GREAT AMERICAN !! O0
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2007, 08:26:08 PM »
Howdy- Thanks for the welcome all!
I posted 5 pics in what I think is the gallery section. They are awaiting approval- if I put them in the right area. Still trying to figure out how to attach an avitar.
Here's from St Baldricks site- https://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/shavee_info.html?ShaveeID=6782

Paul- I am a "stone's throw" from Mundelein- Rt 120 and Rt 45. He won't freak if I stop by? I have Navy drill in a few weeks (and they will freak) so I have to wait until April 17 or 18 to shave again. I would love to go to a barber shop. Where's he at?
Thanks again for the welcome everyone.  :@`
Laura

Right on 45 just before Hawley on right hand side.  Actually there was a lady barber who did my original shave on stage in the same area, but I would have to find out where she was.  Navy huh?  Congrats and thanks.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 08:27:55 PM by Paul »
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

jusbnme

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2007, 11:14:58 PM »
Hey LauraH, I checked out your pic and it's great.  The sly look fits you nicely.  I had a question though.  Is that a before pic of you to the left of the bald pic?  The pic with the firefighting gear on. 

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2007, 04:08:41 AM »
welcome laura...thanks for participating in such a great fundraiser!...you look great shaved! lots of navy folks here :)
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

Offline LauraH

• Sly Jr.
  • Life is good!!
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2007, 05:54:50 AM »
Yes- the pic on the left is a before pic. That was in January when Chicagoland was going through the minus 10 degree days. Bad day to be a fireman and squirting water.
I am in the Navy Reserves attached to a Marine Reserve unit. My guys do communications and tactical air support. It's the only division of the Marines that "allows" female corpsman. Great guys and I really enjoy it.
You guys rock! Non-threatening and not testosterone poisioned!  O0 Nice board.
I'll check on the Mundelein shop. Thanks for the lead! Awesome.
Thanks again!
Laura

jusbnme

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2007, 06:04:34 AM »
Thanks for the work you do Laura.  Great job!!!  O0  I was asking about your firefighting gear because I'm in process right now between 2 cities in trying to become a firefighter/medic.  Take care.

Offline LauraH

• Sly Jr.
  • Life is good!!
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2007, 09:16:48 AM »
Thanks for the work you do Laura.  Great job!!!  O0  I was asking about your firefighting gear because I'm in process right now between 2 cities in trying to become a firefighter/medic.  Take care.
Anything I can do help, feel free to PM me.  It's a great profession. Three more years and I'll have my 20.
If you're not an EMT-B yet, it'd be a good thing to get on your own. Shows initiative and in IL at least you have to have it before you go to EMT-P (medic) school.
Good luck! Stay focused. It can be a long road to get on somewhere but well worth it IMHO.
Be safe!
Laura