Author Topic: Highlighted Text  (Read 7634 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Highlighted Text
« on: December 11, 2011, 12:12:26 AM »
Because Arnie took my other topic off topic, I'll explain the highlighted text here.

The highlighted text is a way to generate revenue for the site.  If you mouse over the highlighted text it will show you an ad.  If you see something that interests you, then clicking on the ad will ultimately generate money for this site.  This is supposed to be much more relevant than Google Adsense (who always wanted to show us hair restoration ads) and didn't seem to intrusive.  Please only click on ads that interest you.  Clicking on ads just to give the site money ultimately hurts this site.

One of my goals for 2012 is to reduce the big banner ads that you see and create better ways to provide you information regarding new products and keep a steady flow of income to the site.  Technology in this area is finally improving and somethings are starting to intrigue me. 

I know ads can be annoying, but remember one thing about SBG - it's completely FREE.  Without the very little income I make from this site - what's left over each month after expenses is barely enough to buy me a pizza - I wouldn't be able to keep the site running.

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
Re: Highlighted Text
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 01:32:41 AM »
Tyler,

Thanks for the explanation!  I was only curious!  But it is not a problem for me.  If it can help SBG stay around, then I am for it!

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 03:29:06 AM »
guys, it's for the win :)
thanks for the info, Tyler :)
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Slynito

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 07:10:00 AM »
Thanx for the 411... O0

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 08:37:57 AM »
And I'll take this opportunity to ask guys to click the "DONATE" button in the upper left corner. Click and make a small donation to help keep this site free.

I know Tyler appreciates it!!
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 10:35:02 AM »
Oops...didn't realize it was "off topic".

Wow...my first...

#i&@

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 10:37:07 AM »
And I'll take this opportunity to ask guys to click the "DONATE" button in the upper left corner. Click and make a small donation to help keep this site free.

I know Tyler appreciates it!!
And/or buy every single version of the SBG shirts.  I know many of us have...and have again...and will again.

They rock and chances are they are less expensive than the shirt you are wearing right now anyway.