Author Topic: WHAT'S the longest time U went without..........  (Read 4421 times)

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
WHAT'S the longest time U went without..........
« on: December 08, 2011, 04:01:39 PM »
hello fellow chrome domes:  we have had numerous discussions on how often U shave your head.  i wanted 2 know what was the longest time U went without a head shave.  

i'll start.  i am a daily head shaver and the longest time i went without a head shave was probably 3 days.  i rarely let it go longer than 2 days so after 3 days i was feeling like a long-haired fabio.   so... how 'bout U?  what's the longest time U went without a head shave?  2 days?  3 days?  4 days?  a week?  what's your story?

WARHAWK O0

Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline ElecEngineer

• Sly Jr.
Re: WHAT'S the longest time U went without..........
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 04:06:49 PM »
I've gone for maybe a weekend and then the stubble drove me nuts lol

Offline outsider82

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 04:09:13 PM »
12 months for me but thats without a wet shave. Generally kept it at a buzzed zero.

Warhawk totally relate to the long haired fabio look comment, its hard to explain to someone who doesn't have a shaved head what that feels like.

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 04:12:32 PM »
Approximately 48 1/2 years. Then I scraped the dome in 2000 and never looked back.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline Ming the Merciless

• Super Sly
  • No More "Mr. Nice Guy"
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 04:27:18 PM »
Months.

I let what I've got grow out to various lengths, and then take it all off again for a few weeks.  Such a grasshopper!

At the moment, I buzz to #2 guard every two or three weeks.  I'm lazy.  A white #2 stubble is the absolute minimum of fuss 'n' bother.  I look semi-sly and yet save a lotta time with the razor every day.

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 04:37:27 PM »
Just over 36 years...

Now I may let it go 2 days, once in a while...but hardly.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 06:24:23 PM »
Probably 4 days..... I shave everyday in the SUmmer..... about every other day in the Winter.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 06:54:28 PM »
I first started to shave my head in 1997.  But since then, I have had times where I have grown it out for about 3 or 4 months at most.  Sly is my look now.  But about a year ago, I went 2 weeks without shaving because I was so tired because I was recovering from surgery.  That last grow out convinced me to just shave it when I saw how much more hair has left!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2011, 07:32:38 PM »
This New Year's will mark 5 years since I've been sly. As most of you know, The Lovely Mrs. Schro doesn't like the sly look on me. So, about a year into my life as a sly guy, I grew my (hairy toilet seat) hair back for a couple of months, at #1 setting for a compromise. I will admit, it didn't look that bad. However, the itch came back with the sebhorreic dermatitis. I tried all sorts of topical remedies, shampoos, whatever snake oil suggestion I could find on the internet. Finally, TLMS noticed the efforts I went through to make it work. She finally said, "just shave it".

So, the next morning, I let each of my kids use the clippers (no guard) shave half my head. My daughter commented on all the flakes that came up with TLMS in earshot. It was an "a-ha" moment.

Never dealing with that crud again.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 08:01:51 PM »
Since I went sly, I've missed only one day...I had to be at work by 6:00AM and couldn't drag myself out of bed early enough to shave!

Offline DCdome

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2011, 09:06:12 AM »
Since going sly I shave the dome most every day.  Occasionally miss a day if I am running late in the morning.  Probably the longest time without a headshave was three days, maybe four.  I had cut myself while shaving and it was enough that I thought I should let it heal for a few days before shaving again. 

Offline sailor61

• Super Sly
  • Into my 6th year...why did I ever have hair???
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2011, 09:54:56 AM »
I'm closing in on one year sly in early February. During the warm weather I shaved at least daily, sometimes twice since I found any amount of stubble annoying.  With the return of cooler weather I've cut back to once a day with an occasional lapse of 2 days.  There was a period in late spring where I let it grow for two weeks in order to prove to myself that I preferred sly...it was shear hell.  But just as with the 30 day challenge I had made the decision to stick it out and did.  Personally, I think that eriod of re-growth was helpful for me, I fully accepted that "bald is better" for me and no longer even consider the haired option.
TJ

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Slynito

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2011, 10:52:05 AM »
I November of 2010 I let it grow for 5 months to keep my gourd warm while I was overseas. Stopped over in Bangkok and had one of their special wash/massage/dry/haircuts/wash/massage/dry'n'trims for <$5...If y'all get the chance to go there get yourself one, it'll make you as happy as a baby in a barrel of tits.

Offline Stewie

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2011, 12:41:06 PM »
I went 5 days (over the Thanksgiving weekend). A lot of people (including myself) were surprised on how bad my MPB got, and 20 individuals told me that I am not allowed to not shave my head. What can I say? Everybody loves a sly guy.
Stewie

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2011, 01:23:00 PM »
I guess it was like 27-28 hours.
I was @ work and I've shaved it when I got home. Tired, after 39 days of working, imagine what a shave...
 :)
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter