Author Topic: Funny story....  (Read 4711 times)

Offline LauraH

• Sly Jr.
  • Life is good!!
Funny story....
« on: December 07, 2011, 06:23:41 PM »
So today I thought I'd try barbershop #3- another Floyd's 99 Barbershop. Good places overall.... each one of them. I'm just happy to have so many of them close enough (within an hour's radius) to "shop around".
The first guy I tried in late summer, as it works out, was the best and I may never find another barber like that. Always hard when you start out at the top and work your way down....   :'(
The second guy was kind of rough but ok....
Today's story-
I called a few hours ahead of time for an appt. Told her I wanted a head shave and she said with a straight razor? And I said yes. She asked my name and number and that was that. She didn't seem surprised.
I got there on time, and Sean asked what I wanted. I said take it down to nothing; shave it. He seemed to undertand , whipped out the clippers, asked again and then took it down to to a zero. He was nice and pretty chatty. He then went to a 00 and finally a 000 and asked how's that and started with the talc. I said good... but we're not done yet. He said all the way to the skin? And I said yes laughing....
Overall he did ok... no significant attention to detail- left stubble around the ears, etc.
I'd say he was second best with a 6.5 or 7 out of 10.
So as usual, I went home and cleaned up with the ole elctric shaver.
If you want something done and done right- do it yourself but still a nice way to spend an hour this morning.
It cost $25 and I tipped him $20.
 O0

Slynito

Re: Funny story....
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 06:33:29 PM »
 O0 O0

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 11:41:37 PM »
awesome:D
if you tipped $20, I'd love to be your personal waiter :D:D
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline good to be bald

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 07:24:31 AM »
cool  welcome back to the slyest women on the block no make that on planet. hope the year you find the barber of your dreams soft hands and straight blade O0 O0 :@`you B@%d d5c*

Offline LauraH

• Sly Jr.
  • Life is good!!
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 06:49:58 PM »
I try to tip well.. some jobs are pretty difficult and nothing I'd be able to do well so I show my appreciation by being polite and tipping well.
I think if I could find someone, I'd tip even better if they would rub my head all day. LOL.... I think that's my "zone".
 :@`

Offline LAGLE

• Proud To Be Bald By Choice (BBC)
  • Sly
  • Hooah
    • Army Blog
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 09:56:11 PM »
I'm in NC and have yet to find any shops that will do it to the skin here. but hey, it is what it is, least you havent had any horrible experiences yet