Author Topic: Sporting Event Perks for Military  (Read 7782 times)

KALBO

Sporting Event Perks for Military
« on: April 29, 2007, 12:44:17 PM »
 8) I love going to sporting events and love it even more when teams make the effort to go the extra mile recognizing the military...

I'm posting this about some of the teams in the Chicago/Milwaukee areas, but hope many of you have info to share on other teams/events across the nation.

Chicago White Sox (312)674-1000: 1 free ticket per military ID card.
Milwaukee Brewers (414)902-4000: 2 free tickets per military ID card on Sunday games.
Chicago Wolves(AHL Hockey, Atlanta Thrashers affiliate): 4 free tickets, must sign up ahead of time, in person, at ITT Great Lakes, IL (847)688-3537

The Chicago Bulls and Chicago Cubs do not give free or discounted tickets at this time.  Neither do the Milwaukee Bucks, but I've found their front office very cooperative assisting me when I did inquire about their ticket policy.  8)

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Sporting Event Perks for Military
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2007, 04:22:41 PM »
Great info KalboArn, will definitely want to take advantage of that, especially for Sox games.  Thanks
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

BaldRob

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 07:45:54 AM »
Yeah... pretty cool!  Guess the Sox have to do something to get people in Comisky... oops, I mean US Cellular Field!  :*))

KALBO

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 04:46:33 PM »
Yeah... pretty cool!  Guess the Sox have to do something to get people in Comisky... oops, I mean US Cellular Field!  :*))
Yeah, winning seasons just aren't enough these days...   :/O

KALBO

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 03:03:48 PM »
Great info KalboArn, will definitely want to take advantage of that, especially for Sox games.  Thanks
Opportunity for a Chicago area SLY O:O get together???  I'm even up for a Cubs :XX game...would have a lot of fun cheering for the other team!  ;D

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 03:10:09 PM »
I'm up for it.  Any opportunity to razz a Cub Fan (or BaldRob).  Any particular winning team ya want to see?  I only keep Sox schedules in the house.   
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 03:47:07 PM by Paul »
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

BaldRob

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2007, 05:05:30 PM »
I say we do neutral ground... the Brewers!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2007, 05:13:44 PM »

Great idea, and even easier to get to O0

BaldRob

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2007, 05:14:56 PM »

Great idea, and even easier to get to O0

And a great place to tailgate!   b!3r

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2007, 05:18:19 PM »
I like to see new sports facilities and have never been to the new park.  Would be a blast.   

KALBO

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2007, 05:47:22 PM »
I like to see new sports facilities and have never been to the new park.  Would be a blast.   
June 4-6 the Cubs will be losing...um...playing at Miller Park.  Those dates fall on Monday-Wednesday, no free games, but something to consider.  First free Sunday game I am available is June 24th when they play Kansas City.

Offline CDN Meathead

• Your rights and My Obligation.
  • Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2007, 07:47:47 PM »
You know guys, I read posts like this and I see the support your troops get from your fellow Americans, and in a way I feel a minor disappointment in the Canadian public.  I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm proud as hell to be Canadain and proud as hell to be in the forces.  But the seeming lack of support for our troops really pisses me off at times.  On more than one occasion I've been attending a function requiring full dress to have people come up to me look at my medals and ask how many people I've had to kill to get "the shiny one" or call me baby killer as they pass.  OR there's always meeting new people and answering the what do you do for a living question with "I'm in the military." to have them respond Oh. followed by the uncomfortable silence. Well if ignorance is bliss, there is alot of really happy stupid people out there.  I'm proud of who I am, and what I do Damn it. :Xo!
OK I feel better now.  ^-^ thanks
You have the right to remain silent.........
Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you.
You have the right to an attorney..........
I have the right to provide you with the newest one I can find.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2007, 09:01:07 PM »
I think the baby killer insult is supposed to be answered with a very firm "Piss off azzhole".

KALBO

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2007, 07:46:48 PM »
UNOFFICIAL DISCOUNT...

I mentioned the fact that the Milwaukee Brewers give 2 free tickets on Sundays for each military ID, but I went to a weekday game recently and I asked for a discount...

The salesperson mentioned the Sunday games and I replied that I know those are FREE, but was only wondering if they gave discounts to other games.

They didn't, but then she asked me if I coach little league while shaking her head up or down(apparently there is a discount for that)...then she proceeded to give me 50% off tickets behind home plate...and thanked me for my service.

TOO COOL!!!

Offline zuckermania

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2007, 05:56:55 PM »
Washington Nationals give you a military discount.  And they aren't in the basement anymore!!