Author Topic: New member  (Read 1724 times)

Offline Zapata99

• Learning the way of Sly
    • www.awaroutside.com
« on: December 01, 2011, 12:05:03 PM »
Hi guys,
             Was aware of the forum a while back but now thought I'd get signed up ! I'm 27 and pretty sure I'm going bald. For those of you in England I've been to Boots Hair Retention clinic on two separate occasions and they told me they couldn't see any MPB !  Strange think is my hair feels lots thinner and lighter than id did was I was 19/20 and temples have definitely receded. Losing lots of hair when I shower and comb too. My dad has what can only be described as a 'carpet' - its the thickest head of hair on a 55 year old man I've ever seen ! haha.

Don't really want to get on the meds after all the horror stories I've read. I'd rather suck it up and shave it off than destroy downstairs permanently !  When I was 16/17 I used to get it buzzed down to a grade 2 and it looked decent because I had a very straight hairline, but since I've been receding I've noticed that the upper part of my head, above the eyes is very 'tall', so my eyes look miles away from the top of my head and my face looks really long. I don't look anything like him but Paul Walker from Fast and Furious has a similar shaped head to me, just to give an idea of what I'm on about.

I'm worried If I shave it all off the upper part of my head will look far too high. Anybody else ever have that concern and then just shaved it to find out it looks really good?  Bit pathetic that I'm worried about something like that but when you've been used to lots of hair for most of your life, its a big step to get it all off.

Thanks guys

seahawk guy

Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 12:54:33 PM »
Hi Zapata99, I understand your fears and worries. Really the only thing to do is bite the bullet, shave your head, and see what it looks like. If you're then not happy it will soon grow back again. Maybe part of your fears are what friends and family reactions will be. One of my young friends, still with a fair amount of hair, had the same fears. He so wanted to go Sly but just couldn't find the courage to do it. In the end I got him to involve me and his friends in sponsoring him to do it for a charity. This he did.It was then no shock to his friends when they saw his shaved head and he raised a lot of money. And he got admiration for doing it, and also got (and still gets) compliments on his shiny dome looks. 6 months later he is still Sly and loving it. He hasn't joined Sly Bald Guys beacause he tells me he "doesn't do websites!"

Offline Zapata99

• www.awaroutside.com
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 01:07:40 PM »
Thanks for the reply bald guy,
                                               I think its more I'm worried how I'll feel myself about it than reactions of mates and family. Thats a great idea about doing it for charity ! - I might do that to have an excuse to do it. Part of me is looking forward to doing it because of all the stories I've read on here from you guys about how good it feels to finally do it ! Plus it will be great to finally not have to worry about losing hair anymore  - I've just got to get on and get that razor out !

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 01:18:37 PM »
welcome.
go ahead and shave it off, drugs won't do you any good.
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline Zapata99

• www.awaroutside.com
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 01:52:11 PM »
Thanks for the welcome iRock,
                                                I'm staying well clear of the meds mate, read some real horror stories online about them. I'm only  27 and don't want to mess my body up, especially as you've got to stay on them for life. It seems like a really big deal to shave it off but in the great scheme of things its nothing really and its not like I'd be the first to ever do it !

Slynito

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 02:01:14 PM »
Thanks for the welcome iRock,
                                                I'm staying well clear of the meds mate, read some real horror stories online about them. I'm only  27 and don't want to mess my body up, especially as you've got to stay on them for life. It seems like a really big deal to shave it off but in the great scheme of things its nothing really and its not like I'd be the first to ever do it !

Welcome Zapata or should I say, bienvenidos? You are so right...head shaving ain't no big deal. It really feels liberating and good be smooth and clean. And like someone said, I'll grow back very fast if you change your mind about it later. Good luck.

Offline Zapata99

• www.awaroutside.com
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 03:54:05 PM »
Thanks Slynito,
                        I think I'm going to take the plunge at the weekend and just do it. I'm not an especially vain lad but my confidence has taken a bit of a knock in recent years with the thinning I've seen my hair do. Bit worried about the head shape but it will feel great to not have to concern myself with worries about hair loss anymore - I imagine its very liberating, plus its a bold statement ! ha

marty22

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2011, 04:27:59 PM »
post a pic when u can. welcome.

Offline Acme

• Super Sly
  • Who's the bald guy?
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2011, 07:04:29 PM »
Welcome. A week after you do it, life is back to normal only better.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2011, 07:12:42 PM »
Welcome Zapata, you've come to the right place. I suggest you give it a shot, shave it off and see if you like it. You can always grow it back and keep it buzzed shorter if you like. Good luck.

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2011, 09:33:12 PM »
Welcome to SBGs!!! 8)

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2011, 02:48:09 PM »
hey zapata:  welcome 2 the sly fraternity.  glad that ya joined us.  keep us posted 2 your road 2 slyness.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Enter your email address: