Author Topic: rubbing acholol on razor bumps  (Read 14230 times)

Offline blackbaldman19

• Sly
rubbing acholol on razor bumps
« on: November 30, 2011, 05:55:25 PM »
does rubbing acholol on reduces razor bumps?  ???

it's like my neck & razors are enemies.    :-[

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: rubbing acholol on razor bumps
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 09:55:32 PM »
I've heard it can.  Though, I would work on finding the root of the problem.  You're using shaving oil, right?
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline blackbaldman19

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 10:53:34 PM »
I've heard it can.  Though, I would work on finding the root of the problem.  You're using shaving oil, right?

yeah, i just added shave oil into my shaving routine. as with shaving gel. i've got a COMFORTABLE SHAVE. it's extremely close without cutting my head to pieces.

i've used rubbin acholol on my neck, the irritation & bumps went down dramactially.  O0 i think i mite add rubbin acholol to my aftershave routine.see how that goes

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 11:35:11 PM »
hope it'll work for you.
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 11:47:20 PM »
Alcohol is good, but for myself I use bump stopper (sold in most drug stores). There's even Bump stopper2 for those of us with severe bump issues. Works well on face as well as head
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline blackbaldman19

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 01:05:13 AM »
hope it'll work for you.

thank you.

Offline blackbaldman19

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 01:07:41 AM »
Alcohol is good, but for myself I use bump stopper (sold in most drug stores). There's even Bump stopper2 for those of us with severe bump issues. Works well on face as well as head

i also use some stuff called "Bump Stopper, Dare To Be Bald". it's a pretty decent moisturizer.

Offline HighTopFade

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2011, 11:09:21 AM »
I'm a fellow black man, and I have been battling razor bumps until very recently.

In addition to rubbing alcohol, I slather on some antibacterial ointment. I use the generic brand of Neosporin. It has helped 100% stop all razor bumps.

Now, if you don't like the slimy feel of antibacterial ointment on your head all day, I would use it 20 minutes before you to to bed. I wouldnt put it on and then immediately hop in bed because it'll rub off on your pillow case.

Goodluck   O0

Slynito

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2011, 02:15:45 PM »
Do you get this irritation with both razor and electric? Have you tried Witch Hazel yet?

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2011, 05:20:19 PM »
I'd advise against using rubbing alcohol too often because it drys your skin.  Neosporin can be used on occasion, but you shouldn't over use it.  Try a mild astringent like witch hazel which is natural (there is a witch hazel plant!) and can be found at drug stores and chains like CVS and Walgreen's. 

Also, make sure your skin is clean and moist / wet before you shave.  That way the hair is softer and easier for the razor to cut.

Offline blackbaldman19

• Sly
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2011, 10:06:26 PM »
I'm a fellow black man, and I have been battling razor bumps until very recently.

In addition to rubbing alcohol, I slather on some antibacterial ointment. I use the generic brand of Neosporin. It has helped 100% stop all razor bumps.

Now, if you don't like the slimy feel of antibacterial ointment on your head all day, I would use it 20 minutes before you to to bed. I wouldnt put it on and then immediately hop in bed because it'll rub off on your pillow case.

Goodluck   O0

I'm not even gonna lie. your profile pic kinda gives me the creeps.  :*))

i'll try the neosporin. see how that works.

Offline blackbaldman19

• Sly
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2011, 10:08:16 PM »
Do you get this irritation with both razor and electric? Have you tried Witch Hazel yet?

i use razors with guards on them. so they don't cut TOO close.

i shold really stop procastinating & go get this Witch Hazel. :*))  O:O

Offline blackbaldman19

• Sly
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2011, 10:10:07 PM »
I'd advise against using rubbing alcohol too often because it drys your skin.  Neosporin can be used on occasion, but you shouldn't over use it.  Try a mild astringent like witch hazel which is natural (there is a witch hazel plant!) and can be found at drug stores and chains like CVS and Walgreen's. 

Also, make sure your skin is clean and moist / wet before you shave.  That way the hair is softer and easier for the razor to cut.

i'll ease up on the rubbin acholol. good advice  O0

i should really stop procastinating & go get this Witch Hazel.  :*)) O:O

Offline Highguage

• We're all born bald
  • Sly Jr.
  • Love it smooth
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2012, 03:21:32 PM »
I have the same problem with my neck. I am going to try that witch hazel as well.
Bald is the new black!