Author Topic: Is the Headblade really worth it?  (Read 12288 times)

Offline 4fit

• Super Sly
Is the Headblade really worth it?
« on: November 06, 2011, 02:40:14 PM »
Hey guys I have been shaving my head with a fusion proglide and getting really good results, slick mellon no irritation etc. However the bades are kinda pricey. I have been curious about trying the Headblade.  Reports of best shave around, made just for the head and so on really have me tempted. On the other end I have heard people claiming they cut themselves big time. I only rememember nicking myself once in the past year with the pro glide and that was pure carelessness on my part rushing to get to work one morning. Also does anyone think one model of the HB is any better than the other. Thanks, all input is appreciated.      8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Offline Texan Fred

• Sly Jr.
  • Oct 2011
Re: Is the Headblade really worth it?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 02:42:29 PM »
Man, I do not recommend it... Lots of cuts  >:(

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 02:49:43 PM »
Lots of guys here love the HB -- I''m not one of them. I love the idea of it; the actuality is a bit different.

But if you're intrigued, go ahead and try it. it might be for you, it might not.

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 02:51:23 PM »
Can't live without it!!! O0

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 03:21:36 PM »
I LOVE my HeadBlade. It takes some practice for mostbut it is well worth it.
I have the Sport and really like it.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2011, 04:24:34 PM »
I've used both the HeadBlade and the Fusion. The HB is easy to use, but unforgiving if you slip. I got a few nicks and cuts, but overall it's pretty good. I use a Fusion now because I think I get a much closer shave and have never nicked or cut myself with it. I agree that the Fusion blades are pricey. If the Headblade had an adapter for the Fusion blades, I think that would be ideal.

Offline skram

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2011, 04:30:53 PM »
I started shaving my head 2 weeks ago. (not a lot on the top, most on the sides andback). I've only used the headblade so far.  I had one small nick behind one ear, but other than that I haven't had any cuts or irritation.

For closeness, I'm not sure if I'm qualified to say since I haven't used anything else, but it's closer than my face (where I use the Fusion power).

I've only found it a bit awkward around my ear on my left side (I'm right handed). Maybe about 2 strokes are a bit awkward.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2011, 05:57:12 PM »
LOVE the Headblade, very easy to use.
The golden rule is that you can't apply any additional pressure and make sure you keep that back part of the handle (either the wheels on the sport edition, or the little plastic nub on the classic edition) in contact with your dome.
Best shave out there.

Go to their website and watch the "how to" video.
http://www.headblade.com/headblade-101.html
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 06:00:00 PM by schro »

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Acme

• Super Sly
  • Who's the bald guy?
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2011, 07:37:35 PM »
I tried it once and found it very awkward. I didn't like having to switch it between hands (i only use left with a razor) and it doesn't lend itself to going in all different directions. I have to swipe the razor every which way on my head to do a good job.

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2011, 06:33:18 AM »
I am a BIG fan of HB! I can cut myself with a butterknife if I'm not careful, no less the HB. But if I'm careful the shave goes off without a hitch and I have a smooth and shiny dome to show for the effort.
I usually need to touch up around the ears with my M5. This was a lesson learned by trying too hard to dig in around the ears with my HB.
Another big advantage of HB is the variety of blades that can be used with either of the 2 adaptors. I primarily use the HB triples but I have a good supply of Sensor Excels to use with the black adaptor.
I have an older Sport which is gathering dust in my shaving toybox because I cut the $&!+ out of myself with it. I think that it had to do with the instability of the wheels. I'm told that the new Sport has tighter wheels, I have yet to find out because I haven't opened the package yet. The reason is because my Classic/Ghost is working so well for me. I don't cut myself at all lately with that and I get really smooth shaves.
In short, BIG fan of the HB!
 O0 O0
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 07:36:43 AM by buddha »
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2011, 06:40:49 AM »
I've never used it, but I'd give it a try! too bad it's preety expensive in Romania.
go ahead and try it, I'm cool with my Gillette Blue 3 :)
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2011, 07:12:36 AM »
HB fan here as well. It is a great tool for the job IMHO. Like other's have said, it can be unforgiving if you go too fast. But all in all, it is a great razor and I generally get a nick free shave from it. I use it with Atra double blade.

As for which one to use, I'd recommend the new sport model. The rubberized ring is great and the new wheel design is a great improvement over the previous model.
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Slynito

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2011, 10:03:38 AM »
The Head Blade ain't for me, neither. >:(

Offline skram

• Sly
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2011, 10:25:59 AM »
As for which one to use, I'd recommend the new sport model. The rubberized ring is great and the new wheel design is a great improvement over the previous model.

I have the older sport model. I can't find the new model in stores here (Nova Scotia, Canada). I'm going to be in Maine next week, maybe I'll be ablet to find one there.

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2011, 10:58:43 AM »
I have the older sport model. I can't find the new model in stores here (Nova Scotia, Canada). I'm going to be in Maine next week, maybe I'll be ablet to find one there.

Good hunting! It worth upgrading.
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.