Author Topic: Corps Ends Rolled Sleeves Policy  (Read 4069 times)

Slynito

Corps Ends Rolled Sleeves Policy
« on: October 28, 2011, 01:57:04 PM »
http://www.military.com/news/article/2011/corps-ends-rolled-sleeves-policy.html?ESRC=marine.nl

The Marine Corps is set to change decades of uniform policy by ending the option for leathernecks to roll the sleeves up on their cammies.

In a Corps-wide administrative message, Commandant Gen. James Amos said that starting Oct. 24 Marines must wear all combat utility uniforms "with sleeves down, year round."

http://www.military.com/news/article/2011/corps-ends-rolled-sleeves-policy.html?ESRC=marine.nl

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Corps Ends Rolled Sleeves Policy
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 03:01:12 PM »
Change for the sake of change....stupid.

Offline Ming the Merciless

• Super Sly
  • No More "Mr. Nice Guy"
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 03:22:54 PM »
The American military mind makes another great leap forward.  Sleeve rules; tat rules.  Next thing you know, our soldiers will have to wear beards.  Oh, I forgot... they used to be able to have 'em; now it's only wussy mustaches at the most.  Well, a plus is that shaved heads are allowed.  Ming the Merciless, of course, says, "If you can grow facial hair, go right ahead.  What's wrong with looking bearded and fierce, topped with a gleaming dome?  My troops braid their beards and blind their foes with sunflashes from their shaved heads!"

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 04:07:48 PM »
That will look odd...I can't remember anyone wearing their sleeves down (in that uniform) over my 20 years in the military.

Slynito

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 06:53:51 PM »
It's about protecting the arms more, concealment from the enemy and looking more military. Lot's of guys hated rolling the sleeves the perfect way according to the regs of each different company.

Offline jgladwell

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 02:42:29 PM »
As an infantryman, I could care less.  The guys complaining the loudest will be the ones who spend most of their time on Mainside

It is one of the things that make us stand out as Marines, but like all things, we will get used to it.  It is an order, and we are Marines, we follow orders.

Offline Stewie

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2011, 03:39:39 PM »
Gotta love the military. If it ain't broke, fix it.
Stewie

Offline LAGLE

• Proud To Be Bald By Choice (BBC)
  • Sly
  • Hooah
    • Army Blog
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2012, 11:05:53 PM »
Meh. my cousin is in the corps and he hates it. They had to wear woodlands down anyways, but deserts were always up.

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2012, 06:52:25 PM »
I think that this new policy is totally ridiculous. They are now lucky to find enough people to
join the armed forces now that it is voluntary. These patriotic individuals need support and not m,ore grief.

Offline Blitzed

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2012, 05:36:27 PM »
This may be from left field, however...As we all know, most of the police, sheriff and other law enforcement agencies are requiring their men to cover their tattoos, regardless of how long they've had them. I wonder if there's a parallel circumstance here? Most of the guy who would be getting tats are the young and they're likely to be the ones in the service. Seems to me the Corps has always allowed anything that was Corps related on a guy with no comment. It may be now that kids are coming in so tatted up they already look as if they're wearing camo.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2012, 05:52:50 AM »
As somebody that spent six years in the Army, I just don't understand what the big deal is weather your sleeves are up or down.

Slynito

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2012, 06:02:06 AM »
As another 6 year vet...my sleeves were always rolled down. And we never could wear utilities/camos off base while in the US. Semper Fi........

O0