Author Topic: Anyone ever shave or thought of shaving the eyebrows?  (Read 54582 times)

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Anyone ever shave or thought of shaving the eyebrows?
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2007, 02:15:57 PM »
Shave them brows y'all. Shaved mine last week and nobody has noticed yet.

Offline Jay

• Sly
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2007, 03:20:00 PM »
no here also.

All I think about with shaved eyebrows is the scene of Bob Geldof shaving his in the movie "Pink Floyd's, The Wall" with the blood dropping in the sink. Besides the heebie-jeebie factor of that scene,

that scene pretty well keeps me from even remotely considering it!

:*))

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2007, 03:35:12 PM »

Frankly, I might be the hippest CPA walking this non-secular, global warming, USA-hatin' earth EVER.  O0

Or maybe not.     8)

OK, West of the Mississippi.

I can live with that.   8)

Offline skinhead002

• Super Sly
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2007, 05:40:06 AM »
I've been shaving mine daily since sometime in 2001-2002(can't remember).  Aside from the Mr. Clean, Uncle Fester, bullet head look that I like, I also like the fact they no longer rub my glasses with dirt and oil.  I can go an enitre day without cleaning my glasses.  I have no intention of growing them back either. I'm as bald as an egg.
Regards

tsshaver1

« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2007, 09:25:25 AM »
I've been shaving mine daily since sometime in 2001-2002(can't remember).  Aside from the Mr. Clean, Uncle Fester, bullet head look that I like, I also like the fact they no longer rub my glasses with dirt and oil.  I can go an enitre day without cleaning my glasses.  I have no intention of growing them back either. I'm as bald as an egg.
Regards
 You are right about the glasses. I hadn't paid attention except for the fact that my glasses sit better but they do stay cleaner

Offline skinhead002

• Super Sly
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2007, 05:18:04 AM »
I forgot to add. We have 8 or 9 other officers in my dept that shave their heads also and I know at least one of them peels his brows also. He's into body building.

Offline RichardN.

• Sly
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2007, 03:46:14 PM »
I can't say that I ever thought of shaving my eyebrows.

tsshaver1

« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2007, 04:10:52 PM »
I can't say that I ever thought of shaving my eyebrows.

Well, now that you know that some of us do are you considering it? It is a rush for sure

Offline RichardN.

• Sly
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2007, 06:23:35 PM »
I don't know about that, Tim.  I do pluck them to keep them under control.  I don't shape them, I just don't let them cut too bushy.  I do have to shave to avoid a unibrow though.   

tsshaver1

« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2007, 06:36:49 PM »
I don't know about that, Tim.  I do pluck them to keep them under control.  I don't shape them, I just don't let them cut too bushy.  I do have to shave to avoid a unibrow though.   
Well it is of course up to you and I hope you will consider it but you seem poised and ready to do it. Honestly most people don't even notice that your brows are gone so if you want to  do it don't worry and enjoy the look and feel

Offline shyslyguy

• Super Sly
  • remember! you gotta be bald to be sly!
« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2007, 07:53:16 AM »
I've thought about it as mine are getting longer as I get older but they're quite bushy so I'll have to think a bit more about it. I wonder how long it takes for them to grow back after you've shaved them? & also, won't they grow back even bushier? I bet it gets as addictive as shaving yer head after a while too!  Don't know that I need any more vices >:D
His heed was ballid, and schon as eny glas 

http://www.myspace.com/thetrombonists

Offline ChallengeMe

• Super Sly
« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2007, 08:44:29 AM »
Never really thought about shaving my brows. They are light/gray, and the top of my glasses goes right over them. I might give it a try, and I doubt anyone will even notice!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2007, 09:01:54 AM »
Well it is of course up to you and I hope you will consider it but you seem poised and ready to do it. Honestly most people don't even notice that your brows are gone so if you want to  do it don't worry and enjoy the look and feel

If most people don't notice, why create the extra work?  :/O

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Rhymez

• McGarry
  • Super Sly
  • Hip Hop 4 Life!
    • Notorious R-MC
« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2007, 01:24:26 PM »
Never thought of it, dont know if I would want to- I could to see how they look, but if i hated the look of it, my eyebrows dont grow in too much, so it would take a while to grow back, well at least I think they would.

tsshaver1

« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2007, 03:20:35 PM »
I've thought about it as mine are getting longer as I get older but they're quite bushy so I'll have to think a bit more about it. I wonder how long it takes for them to grow back after you've shaved them? & also, won't they grow back even bushier? I bet it gets as addictive as shaving yer head after a while too!  Don't know that I need any more vices >:D
No they won't grow back busier. That is a myth about shaved hair growing back thicker. Hair on average grows 1/2" per month in my experience eyebrows grow back a bit slower than that. Addictive? yes it can be. Depends if you like it :)

Enter your email address: