Author Topic: You're kidding, right?  (Read 2219 times)

Offline Stan

• Sly Guy in Training
You're kidding, right?
« on: October 18, 2011, 07:49:37 PM »
I've been bald by choice for about four months now, I'd normally have a full head of brown hair, not even thinning.    I don't miss it at all.

Anyway, in the last few days I've seen some people I haven't seen since going sly and twice, people have asked if I had cancer.  What the?????.

Cancer people don't get five o'clock shadow.   It seems so obvious.  I appreciate their concern.  Has anyone else had the same reaction? 

Stan

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
Re: You're kidding, right?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 07:56:41 PM »
Yes - early on, I had several people ask if I was okay.  They presumed that since I went from a full head of hair to a bald pate that I must be having chemo. 

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 08:13:23 PM »
I had one I believe, but I'd read a response from a guy here and was primed to unload--the guy said, "Cancer?"  "No," I said, parroting my response, "Libra actually!"

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 02:29:43 AM »
Nobody has ever asked me.

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 07:50:30 AM »
It was first school day, new "classmates", and we were talking about a teacher who died because of cancer (he was bald), then they suddently stared at me, waiting for an answer. next thing they knew was that I said nothing, and that was an answer.
(I don't have cancer :P )
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline BaldHDbiker

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 09:23:40 AM »
Actually I had some people think that and asked if I was OK.

I didn't think much of it because a couple months earlier I did have skin cancer removed from my face.

I'm BBC and loving it. :)

Slynito

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 02:16:05 PM »
Oh yes...when I arrived at the small village where I work in the Darien near the border with Colombia I met many kids that knew me with my long, dark, bushy, pony tail. We walked together to the military check point there was none of the usual chatter. None of my joking would open them up. I asked one of the older girls...she told me they all feel bad because I am sick with cancer. When I cleared the air I showed them my eye brows and beard...we were all relieved.