Author Topic: New here...let's talk pillows  (Read 14684 times)

Offline quantex

• Sly Jr.
New here...let's talk pillows
« on: October 07, 2011, 06:03:29 PM »
Hi.

Im new here.  Just curious..... Anyone found a good pillow?  One that does not go flat within a few weeks.  I have tried the memory foam and the ones with the little beads in them but they weren't very good.  Any suggestions??

Thanks,,,
O

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: New here...let's talk pillows
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 02:42:53 PM »
I bought a side sleeper pillow at Bed Bath and Beyond.  It's worked great.  I don't know the brand.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Slynito

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 10:11:21 PM »
Hard to beat goose down and feathers, imho.

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 06:26:17 AM »
Hard to beat goose down and feathers, imho.

I had just the opposite reaction. I had a good quality feather pillow that would bunch up on me during the night and turn into a brick. I had to wake up, which was not difficult because my head felt like it was laying on top of a rock, and fluff the pillow. I ended up with a firm micro-fiber pillow. It dries fast, doesn't bunch up, and keeps a uniform thickness.
I've never tried the memory foam or beans so I can't venture an opinion on those.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 06:47:49 AM »
More important than the pillow stuffing is making sure that the cases are cleaned and changed regularly.  There's nothing between your scalp and the case anymore and dirt and built up "stuff" can cause issues on the dome.

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 06:50:37 AM »
I use Latex pillows.

All other pillows, for me, turn into saltine crackers as soon as I put my head on them. I like to rest my head on something firm.

http://www.johnlewis.com/105932/Product.aspx

Offline quantex

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 07:44:13 AM »
thx boys