Author Topic: Can't be sly because of huge forehead  (Read 57113 times)

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
Re: Can't be sly because of huge forehead
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2011, 12:32:49 PM »
You are a handsome young man - - -listen to everybody so far - -we have all been there  - - just shave it and enjoy the "slick melon"

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2011, 01:42:57 PM »
Another "Razor X got it right" vote here.  Also noticed you've been a member since January 2008!  Enough already, you've wasted a lot of time, eaten your confidence with self doubt and never once tried sly--it is the answer.  You're down to going bald slowly--yes it continues to fall out while you're covering it up, or taking your life in your own hands, putting a blade to what's still there and trying sly.  It's easy, it's cheap and you will like it.  Get the clipper--you've obviously got one.  Get as much off as possible.  Take a really nice hot shower, shampoo, then with a new blade slowly and carefully clean up the dome and set yourself free--it's just that easy.  Three and 1/2 years, enough already--git er done. 

Offline Daven

• Super Sly
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2011, 04:26:32 PM »
So, now that I HOPE we convinced you we were ALL there, thinning our foreheads were HUGE!!! I hope you will read the section on shaving the dome and take it all in. I shave after the shower and let my melon soak under a washcloth while I dry the rest of my body.

Time for your first haircut with a razor, I REALLY don't think you will look good sly, I KNOW you will look good sly. I my hair was JUSt like yours Go for it.
AKA Gimpy

Offline R o b 6

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2011, 05:46:13 PM »
One thing you really have going for you is you're already buzzing the top "peninsula" of hair in the front where you (or the hair club stylist) attach the hairpiece (how exactly is that done?).

I'm guessing that's a lot less work and worry than a full head system that covers most of your scalp. It's probably much easier to go slick sly than it is for someone who has nothing on top with the system in place. It will likely just look like you opted for a shorter late summer cut.

So even taking it down to the same length all over consistent with the buzzed front top portion is a good way to ease into it. A good barber can taper it tighter on the sides and back consistent with your shape of your head.

Or just take it down to the wood and see how your confidence grows.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2011, 06:35:36 PM »
Shaved all the way down would look great.  Certainly would not accentuate any forehead. I don't see anything unusually prominent with your forehead, but I think you would look great bald.  As said before, if you don't like it, it's only a week or two for it to grow back.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2011, 07:14:39 PM »
DUde, there is nothing wrong with your forehead!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2011, 07:25:41 PM »
DUde, there is nothing wrong with your forehead!

Why do you ALWAYS get so long-winded and beat around the bush so much TSB....just get to the point, man  O0

Offline chgobuzzbald

• Super Sly
  • No more HT scars
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2011, 10:32:51 PM »
Heres a new profile pic of me, does my forehead look high ??  Check everyone in the gallery. You dont have a high forehead, just buzz it all off. You will look great !

Offline R o b 6

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2011, 10:35:00 PM »
Heres a new profile pic of me, does my forehead look high ??  Check everyone in the gallery. You dont have a high forehead, just buzz it all off. You will look great !
Exactly. The more forehead, the more opportunity for blinding shine!

Offline anton86

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2011, 03:23:14 AM »
So after some great messages of support from you guys I decided to take the first step. Buzzing it down. I know its not shaved yet but this was a big step for me as I have never had my hair buzzed short in my life as I have always tried to hide my head.

Anyway, I don't think it looks too bad actually, a least not what I was fearing. I think with it shaved it may look better as you won't see where the hairline starts on my forehead.

What you guys think?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 02:34:07 PM by anton86 »

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2011, 04:15:38 AM »

Anyway, I don't think it looks too bad actually, a least not what I was fearing. I think with it shaved it may look better as you won't see where the hairline starts on my forehead.

What you guys think?

That's what we've been trying to tell ya!   ;)  It looks good.  Now take the razor to it and finish the job.  It will only mean an extra day or two of growth, and I agree -- it will look better when the hairline isn't as visible.

bbot

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2011, 05:02:30 AM »
Hey Anton, you look great.  Where's that "big" forehead you were talkin about?  (Grin)

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2011, 05:35:33 AM »
I agree with the others. You do look very sharp with the buzzed head.  The only difference between shaved and buzzed is a few days, so why not take it all off!  It will look even better!

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2011, 06:42:25 AM »
What you guys think?

You knew what we'd think, the important thing is that you seem to be ready to shave it and do the 30 days.  Enjoy the freedom, get on with living. 

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2011, 06:50:32 AM »
Sly looks good on you, brother!
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.