Author Topic: shaving  (Read 7120 times)

Offline skeeterbill

• Learning the way of Sly
shaving
« on: April 21, 2007, 12:22:33 PM »
Question-  Is it better to shave head every day or should i skip a day or 2? I like the feel of stubble to smooth. Any thoughts?

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
Re: shaving
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 01:04:00 PM »
I don't think it's a matter of being "better" or "worse."  It's more personal preference.

Some of us find that shaving everyday promotes irritation....some can't stand even a little stubble coming back, so they shave everyday....sometimes twice, if they're going out for the evening.

Someone here said that you may get a closer shave by skipping a day because the stubble is a bit longer to "grab & cut" by the razor.

I've never shaved two days in a row...so I generally skip a day.

Try a few ways yerself and you'll know what works best for you.

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • The honey tastes sweeter when you anger the bees.
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 01:30:26 PM »
I generally shave everyday. I may skip a day here and there, but that's it. I hate stubble though.

Offline Beer Barron

• Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 02:11:02 PM »
I generally shave everyday. I may skip a day here and there, but that's it. I hate stubble though.

Same for me.  I guess you just have to try a few different ways to find your own comfort zone.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 03:35:18 PM »
Robmeister covered it pretty well.  It really is a matter of choice, how sensitive your skin is, etc.  Like Funnel and BeerBaron, can't stand stubble so it's every day for me.  Occassionally may have to let it go a day to give the old noggin a break.  WARNING:  Shaving every day can be addictive.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2007, 04:07:22 PM »
I prefer every day, but will skip a day here & there if I get lazy.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Beer Barron

• Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2007, 04:12:58 PM »
... WARNING:  Shaving every day can be addictive.

I second that Paul!

Offline GBORN

• Sly
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2007, 04:54:29 PM »

Robmeister covered it pretty well.  It really is a matter of choice, how sensitive your skin is, etc.  Like Funnel and BeerBaron, can't stand stubble so it's every day for me.  Occassionally may have to let it go a day to give the old noggin a break.  WARNING:  Shaving every day can be addictive.

ditto
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 07:06:37 AM by Robmeister »

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2007, 09:44:02 PM »
I find I get a more comfortable shave doing it every day.  I wish I had more time in the morning because you get a much better shave if you are up-and-around for a half hour or so before shaving.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline blondeguy

• Super Sly
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2007, 10:24:21 PM »
Every single day, though I sometimes skip Sundays.  It's like shaving my face.

jusbnme

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2007, 10:50:55 PM »
Like GBORN said, shaving everyday can be addictive.  But as long as your skin can handle it go for it.  I usually try to shave everyday because I also don't like any stubble.  But I skip a day every once in a while especially if there's not too much going on.

Offline Ian

• UK Baldie
  • Super Sly
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2007, 02:41:02 AM »
Ive started shaving everyday,but its Sunday today & i'm having a day off....
I knew I was going bald when it was taking longer and longer to wash my face

Offline Dtopford

• Sly
  • after the shave
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2007, 03:42:33 PM »
I shave every other day allmost like clockwork. That being said I do it so that when I do shave I get the closest smoothest shave I can. (stubble was sent by the devil  >:D)

but Rob is right do what suits your style/preferances after all it's your head right.
take easy man.

Offline mikesj

• Sly
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2007, 05:14:20 PM »
Only shaving a week, but when I missed a day yesterday, I felt out of sorts. I guess the addiction is setting in. It felt so good to get it as close and smooth as possible this morning.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 07:52:03 PM by mikesj »

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2007, 06:40:32 PM »
Several years ago, I shaved once every three days.  I thought I was saving on razors, but the truth is I would toss it after two shaves 'cuz it seemed dull after plowing that much growth.  Then I started shaving daily, and found that I can take the same two razors and shave everyday with about the same amount of wear and they may even last longer.

Anyhow, I couldn't stop shaving daily now.  I'm too addicted.  I haven't missed a day in well over two years. ;D