Author Topic: Winning with thinning  (Read 3032 times)

Offline toehead

• Learning the way of Sly
Winning with thinning
« on: July 18, 2011, 01:59:48 AM »
Hey everybody I am 21 years old and i have been losing my hair from the time i was 16 years old. It started  first with drastically receded hairline and by the time i was 18 i started noticing thinning on the crown. When i was younger you would have never met a person more in love with their hair. I had a platinum blonde afro that the young ladies couldn't resist running their fingers through. So as you can imagine when it started to slowly diminish I took it extremely hard. I felt it was so unfair that none of my friends had to deal with it as early as I was. In the past year or so i have grown much more comfortable with it, but being a young guy it still is slightly upsetting. I am still working on it though and i believe this site has a lot to offer me in that regard. Hopefully some young gun will find inspiration in knowing that he's not alone when he stumbles across this post just as i did when i discovered this site and all of your stories. Any advice i would offer to any younger guys dealing with MPB would be to just shave it all off and win. I did and i feel pretty dangerous

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
Re: Winning with thinning
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 02:33:04 PM »
i had a nice blonde afro myself, but when the first signs of receeding began i shaved my head, i have maintained a bic'd head for over 7 years, you should bic your head as well and try it for 30 days

Offline slybronco

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 03:58:44 PM »
I will try not come of as codenscending, that's not who I am, but I hope that shows that mpb is not an age thing.  It's a genetics that give you mpb. The ladies are still going to like you, trust me. The hair was an excuse to touch you. Now you have another way for having them touch you a d will feel a lot better. It's just another step on the stairwell of life. Imagine being 40 w platinum blonde Afro....no. ;). If you were a stud then you will be a stud now. Peace.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 04:12:36 PM »

Imagine being 40 w platinum blonde Afro....no. ;).

Good point.  I've always thought that most guys look better with a little less hair after a certain age.  The ones who have really thick heads of hair just don't look right.  And that amount of hair just draws attention to other signs of aging -- like a really weather-beaten face.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 05:05:47 PM »
I have to agree with Razor X.  At a certain point, lots of hair looks peculiar.  I didn't realize how far my hairline had receded and how big my bald spot was until I shaved everything off.  When I look at photos of me with hair, it's obvious I was covering up my MPB.  Interestingly, friends tell me I look much younger now that I'm bald - I would never have thought that would be the case, but it is!

Enter your email address: