Author Topic: Blender or Food processor???  (Read 2116 times)

Offline tow

• Violent Gnome Dome
  • Sly Jr.
Blender or Food processor???
« on: July 17, 2011, 08:38:34 PM »
Help. I've need some feed back on purchasing either a food processor a blender.Counter space is at a premium. I've recently lost close to 71 lbs. I've got a lot of healthy recipes to try but most make use of either a food processor or blender.I've made a commitment to eating better but i know if i fall into a rut eating the same old food i will fail. All feed back appreciated

thnks tow

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
Re: Blender or Food processor???
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 09:39:55 PM »
Which you should get depends on what you want to blend or chop. They're not really interchangeable tools.

Smoothies, sauces, soups -- blender.

Chopping solid food, grating cheese, pureeing stuff that isn't already really wet -- processor.

In a pinch, a processor can be used somewhat successfully as a blender. Sort of. But a blender can't really be used as a processor, so if you can only get one, and need to use it for a wide variety of things, a processor will be more versatile.

But if it's mostly smoothies and such, go blender.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 06:28:33 AM »
We have both at our house. We use the blender more than the food processor.  If you live alone, then there is a small food processor (sorta personal size) which you could consider.  Likewise, the bullet blender ... but it too works better for smoothies rather than chopping onions or carrots.

Congratulations on 71 pounds down. I'm down 60 from about 4 years ago. 30+ this past year. Feels great.  Goes well with very short hair (you have to weigh the hair, so might as well save a pound or two and shave it off or trim it very short) LOL.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 06:36:52 AM »
Having both, I'd go with TheSlyBear.  Maintaining weight loss is a challenge, but one part of that program is to avoid processed and preprepared foods to every extent possible--the big thing about making your own is that YOU know what's in it, what sugars, fats, etc.  A processor makes the job of "cooking from scratch" much much easier.  I'd do the processor.

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 07:08:25 AM »
I'm with TheSlyBear on this. I have a Kitchen Aid processor and it blends fine. The better units have adjustable speeds that enable you to do just about anything.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.