Author Topic: HeadBlade discount at Walgreen's  (Read 5522 times)

Offline Daven

• Super Sly
HeadBlade discount at Walgreen's
« on: June 20, 2011, 05:43:01 AM »
Since I went sly for the first time ever on Saturday with my old Fusion (and a 2 week face used blade) I learned a valuable lesson. GOOD BLADE EVERY TIME!!!.  I read A LOT of posts here and decided to give Headblade a try. 

My wife got me a Head Blade yesterday at Walgreen's as a dad's day gift, to our pleasant surprise she got 1/2 off any second product.  So a brand new Headblade and refills were very inexpensive.

Not sure how long they will do the second product 1/2 thing but Walgreen's normally holds their sales a month at least.

Hope you can take advantage of it.

AKA Gimpy

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
Re: HeadBlade discount at Walgreen's
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 07:11:28 AM »
The way that I have found to get longer life out of my blades is I prepare a 75% hydrogen peroxide and 25% rubbing alcohol solution which I spray on the blades after use and a good rinse. My understanding is the thing that takes the worst toll on the blades is not the cutting but the effects of any bacteria left on the blade to dry. I get 3-4 weeks on a HB or M5 cart regularly. A small spray bottle for the solution can be had at Wally World for about a buck so it's a cheap fix to a problem that would otherwise be expensively fixed by more frequent replacement of the carts.
I have to be careful with the amount of alcohol in the spray because I have found that too much will actually loosen the lube strips on the cart.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline Sooner Steve

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 12:09:09 PM »
I stopped by my local Walgreen's last week and found the same buy 1 get 1 offer.  Cleaned them out of shaving cream and blades!!!!!!!!!!!!
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts." - Coach John Wooden

[img]http://tickers.Tick

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 04:09:21 PM »
I, too, hit Walgreen's this morning and took advantage of the "buy one get the second for half" deal. Got 2 "new" Sports (with the golden wheels), 2 packs of triples, and 2 HeadSlicks. I'm content.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 10:19:05 AM »
I always check the clearance aisle at Walgreens or CVS...seems like various locations put a lot of HeadBlade stuff there from time to time.

Offline Chianapandra

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 03:46:03 AM »
I read A LOT of posts here and decided to give Headblade a try.

My wife got me a Head Blade yesterday at Walgreen's as a dad's day gift, to our pleasant surprise she got 1/2 off any second product.  So a brand new Headblade and refills were very inexpensive.

Not sure how long they will do the second product 1/2 thing but Walgreen's normally holds their sales a month at least.

Hope you can take advantage of it.

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 10:38:34 AM »
THanks guys for the tips on the discount guys.

Buddha, Thanks for the tip on the rubbing alcohol and hydrgen peroxide solution. I need to start doing that.

:)

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 12:37:49 PM »
The way that I have found to get longer life out of my blades is I prepare a 75% hydrogen peroxide and 25% rubbing alcohol solution which I spray on the blades after use and a good rinse.

So you just spray this on, not soak in it or dip in it?