Author Topic: Well I cant remember if I introduced myself so here it is  (Read 5174 times)

Offline Itsonlyinmyhead

• When will it happen?
  • Sly
Well I cant remember if I introduced myself so here it is
« on: April 18, 2007, 09:23:21 AM »
Im sorry if I have posted an introduction before but I cant remember whether I introduced myself before and if I havent its about time.

Im 23, from England(near Liverpool) and have been losing my hair gradually since I was 15/16, which is probably good as its not like it was an overnight shock at how bad its getting.

I work as IT consultant/engineer and contract as it pays stupid rates for doing not alot, but I am looking at moving into permanent employment. I try to do alot of exercise(kayaking, running and weights)and spend alot of money on the first.

My hair is currently cut pretty short and is about 2cms long, Im pretty close to buzzing it with a 1 or a 2 but am scared (I know its pretty sad) as I have never buzzed or shaved it before, I tended to look like a surfer for many years.

I WILL shave my head, but I dont know when, I suppose its when Im most comfortable and the buzz cut is going to happen soon.

Im currently taking Propecia to slow down my hairloss and currently have no side effects. I found this forum through Hairloss Talk (Blondeguy) and has made me even more at ease with what Im going to do (I got a virtual headshave and posted it in the general forum).

By the way Im not one of these depressed, confused, angry balding guys like on HT, I came completley to terms with myself in about January. I thought "What the hell am I doing?", time to enjoy my life, time to be happy, confident. My ex thought I was arrogant because I was so confident.

Well as I discovered life goes on, its certainly not bad losing your hair, it just depends on how you deal with it. 

Confidence will get you everywhere not looks!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 09:38:43 AM by Itsonlyinmyhead »

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
Re: Well I cant remember if I introduced myself so here it is
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 10:06:42 AM »
Hiya "Its" !!  :)

Hope the insight of these guys helps you toward making the next step. Don't worry about being scared to shave it all off, it's not sad at all.
 Some of these guy's have experienced  the same, and after they finally took the plunge, they couldn't see what all the fuss was about.
There's no pressure, Just do it when you feel the time is right.

Welcome to the SBG's  ;)

erm....are you a scouser?  ???
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

BALDANDRE

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 10:13:07 AM »
Magma...if you don't mind me askin' (and excuse me if you've already told everyone)...where about's you livin' on the "isle"?

Just wondering, love it over there, been there a couple times...spent the summer in the Cheltenham/Bath area...

You familiar?

Offline Ian

• UK Baldie
  • Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 12:00:47 PM »

erm....are you a scouser?  ???

Dont go telling any more jokes......

Oh and welcome to the forum Itsonlyinmyhead,another UK Baldie here btw
I knew I was going bald when it was taking longer and longer to wash my face

Offline Blagadan

• Super Sly
  • Feckin' little baldy eejit!
    • My blog: Raiméis
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007, 01:58:16 PM »
Hi "its"

"Im pretty close to buzzing it with a 1 or a 2 but am scared (I know its pretty sad) as I have never buzzed or shaved it before..."

I know the feeling but for me I looked a lot better after I buzzed!  Just do it!!

Magma
You cheering for Chelski or the hammers tonight?

Offline Itsonlyinmyhead

• When will it happen?
  • Sly
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 03:37:00 PM »
erm....are you a scouser?

Im a plastic scouser.

Ian and Magmababe, which part of the UK are you from?

Magma
You cheering for Chelski or the hammers tonight?

I was cheering for West Ham as I cant stand Chelsea. Oh and cheering for Liverpool!  O0

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2007, 04:18:13 PM »
BaldAndre: I'm from the East of london  :)
I've never walked around Bath, but I do go through it on the train when I go see my fella.
It's a beautiful city. The West of England is gorgeous. :@`

which should answer Blagadan's question... :'(
gutted we lost. Dunno what else to say...

and for Ian...just exactly WHAT is wrong with my jokes, hmm?!!  :x! ;)
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Offline Blagadan

• Super Sly
  • Feckin' little baldy eejit!
    • My blog: Raiméis
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2007, 04:21:48 PM »
I was also cheerin' on the hammers ... being a UTD fan n' all.  We'll soon have the league wrapped up anywayz.

jusbnme

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2007, 04:37:21 PM »
Welcome itsonlyinmyhead.   O0

BALDANDRE

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2007, 04:42:07 PM »
BaldAndre: I'm from the East of london  :)
I've never walked around Bath, but I do go through it on the train when I go see my fella.
It's a beautiful city. The West of England is gorgeous. :@`

So I guess you'd be our resident "east-ender"!? I hope that wasn't an insult, I'm not even attempting to put that title on you...it was just a nod to our cool, London girl! ;)

Cheers!

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2007, 05:20:22 PM »

So I guess you'd be our resident "east-ender"!? I hope that wasn't an insult, I'm not even attempting to put that title on you...it was just a nod to our cool, London girl! ;)

Cheers!

Nah, that's not an insult BA, I'm proud of my roots  :)
even if some people might get confused with a very dodgy english soap which uses
cardboard cut-outs instead of actors. (I detest soaps)
I'm not the only resident eastender on the forum either..dagenhamjim is lurking around here somewhere!!  ;D

BALDANDRE

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2007, 05:30:02 PM »
even if some people might get confused with a very dodgy english soap which uses
I'm not the only resident eastender on the forum either..dagenhamjim is lurking around here somewhere!!  ;D

Ok, then...I know the show you speak of...I will never put you in that catagory then!

Hey, was wondering "your fella" on the other side of the isle...

is he SLY or are we ALL just a guilty pleasure for you ^-^....?

opps, I do mean that with the utt most respect! Please it take that way!

Cheers again!

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2007, 06:05:03 PM »

Ok, then...I know the show you speak of...I will never put you in that catagory then!

Hey, was wondering "your fella" on the other side of the isle...

is he SLY or are we ALL just a guilty pleasure for you ^-^....?

opps, I do mean that with the utt most respect! Please it take that way!

Cheers again!

hahaha!! unlike some people BA, I can take a joke  :D

My fella is at the "in denial" stage, as far as his hair goes. (his words, not mine!!) He is pretty much bald and does keep what he has left short (there are pics of him on myspace, he's haawt!! :@`)  We have talked about him going sly and I've told him he'd look uber hot if he shaved it all off, but at the moment, he doesn't want to. Which is his decision  and I respect that. I loves him for who he is, not for what he has/doesn't have on his noggin. (although, I might have to think twice if he decided to grow it!  :D)

I think one of the worst things you can do to someone is pester them and ram things down their throat, because it's something you think they should do/be part of. It's not an attractive attribute to have, and I would say that is ignorant behaviour..it's all about respecting other people's personal choices at the end of the day.

As for the guilty pleasure part, OMG, yes, and you guys always will be!!  :@`

Offline Ian

• UK Baldie
  • Super Sly
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2007, 01:54:13 AM »

I think one of the worst things you can do to someone is pester them and ram things down their throat

*Cough*

Ian and Magmababe, which part of the UK are you from?

Stoke on Trent (The Potteries)
I knew I was going bald when it was taking longer and longer to wash my face

Offline Argyle

• Super Sly
    • The Mighty Pilgrims
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2007, 05:37:00 AM »
To add one more into the mix, i am from just outside huddersfield.  This UK contingent is growing fast! 

Hope to talk more over the coming months!
A SBG's head shines so other SBG's always have the opportunity to see the reflection of how good they look!

Enter your email address: