Author Topic: New Headblade Sport  (Read 10831 times)

Offline Mike_412

• Sly Jr.
New Headblade Sport
« on: June 13, 2011, 03:37:18 PM »
Anybody get one of these yet?  If so, any opinions on it?  I stopped in my local Walgreens this afternoon to pick up some more Headslick and saw they had one of these left.  Naturally, I bought it and plan on trying it out tomorrow.  I'll report back, but am curious if anyone has given it a test run yet.

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
Re: New Headblade Sport
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 04:45:01 PM »
There's a new HB sport? Any difference between the new and the old? Pics?
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 06:23:43 AM »
There's a new HB sport? Any difference between the new and the old? Pics?

+1 on this. I plan on going to Walgreen's tomorrow for some HeadSlick so maybe I'll get to see it.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 06:39:04 AM »
The current model, which we are all familiar with.

The new model. It features a rubberized finger ring and improved wheel design. Also, based on a comment in the video below, they've redesigned the blades too.

Here it is in action...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/NfQXnpcFPtE&amp;hd=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/NfQXnpcFPtE&amp;hd=1</a>
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline marcx

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 07:12:55 AM »
hmmm--I have an s4 so I probably won't get this--but I am curious about the new blades...

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 08:15:23 AM »
Wow, the little wheels are trimmed in gold. This might require closer inspection!
JK, but I didn't really care for the Sport as much as the Classic/Ghost. I tend to sometimes try to rush through a shave a little anyway. The wheels made the outcome, for me, somewhat bloodier. I do like the rubberized finger ring, though.
I'm gonna wait and see what kind of reviews this thing gets in the Kingdom of Sly before I go out and corral my own.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."

Offline Mike_412

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 09:54:36 PM »
I just shaved with it a short while ago.  Unsurprisingly, I loved it.  A couple of quick points.

- The best feature is the rubberized ring.  It's a tighter fit on my finger and gives you much more control imo.  Sometimes, the old headblade sport would slip so I had to be careful while shaving.  Also, my hands swell like crazy during the spring and summer so this is a great feature due to how easily it adjusts to the size of your finger.

- The wheels seem to be a bit tighter on the new sport.  My old one had much more play.  I could slide the wheels from side to side.  These had minimal play.  Other than that, I didn't really notice much difference with how it glided over my head.

I never had shaved before with the triple blade that comes with the headblade sport.  My original one I misplaced since I used a sensor excel when I 1st got it.  It was a good shave.  No irritation and I didn't really notice any difference from the sensor 3 which is what I have been using lately.  Definitely a good razor, but I can't comment on an earlier post about the razor being redesigned.

The biggest selling point is the rubberized ring imo.  I'd definitely recommend the new sport to anyone.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 12:11:37 PM »
Sounds good to me, like they've just improved on what was already a good product.
The best just got better. I'll be picking one up as soon as I can.   O0

Offline valldo

• Sly
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2011, 02:30:26 PM »
The HB Sport is a great product, no doubt about that. However there is one thing that has bothered me, after about 6 months of use the wheels just kind of popped out. In fact they had quiet a lot of play.
If the wheels on the new blackened are tighter, well that should help solving that problem. So I would say, the number one selling point for me would be increased quality with the design of the wheels.
I bought a S4 a few months ago and am really worried about the wheels on that one too, other than that I can recommend the S4 100%, that's a true improvement in quality of shaving compared to the HB Sport

What about the new blades on the blackened Sport? Read something about that

Cheers

Offline cvasara

• Super Sly
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2011, 05:53:40 PM »
Can we assume that the new HB will still accept the two blade 'Atra' and Atra knockoffs?
I Don't have any desire to use a triple blade in HB.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
Ronald Reagan--40th President

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2011, 08:51:17 PM »
Can we assume that the new HB will still accept the two blade 'Atra' and Atra knockoffs?

Judging from the pics posted it looks like the new one will take either the yellow or black adapter so I would guess that blade selection is the same.

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2011, 09:23:41 PM »

It takes the same adapters a the previous models so you should be good. I use it with the Atra's and don't have any issues with it.

Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2011, 10:08:17 PM »
The new Sport has improved wheels.  You can also contact HeadBlade and they will send you new wheels.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2011, 07:33:47 AM »
The new Sport has improved wheels.

Here's a video showing the difference...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZNVtR0zu6B8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ZNVtR0zu6B8</a>

Offline valldo

• Sly
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2011, 08:32:50 AM »
The new Sport has improved wheels.

Here's a video showing the difference...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZNVtR0zu6B8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ZNVtR0zu6B8</a>

Thanks for the video, you can also view it on their website. It clearly demonstrates the improvement. I just contacted them telling about my wheels popping out of the yellow Sport and they said they would ship me a replacement kit, hope they do as I'm based in Europe. They also told me another interesting thing; for those of you who have the S4, the new improved wheels can't be fixed there as the holes in the steel model are too small