Author Topic: Ellipticals are great  (Read 2777 times)

Offline Cochise

• Sly Jr.
Ellipticals are great
« on: June 01, 2011, 09:42:01 PM »
This is my favorite machine to work out on

Cisco Kid was a friend of mine

Offline TeenSlyGuy

• Feeling so sly like a bald guy
  • Sly Guy in Training
Re: Ellipticals are great
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 09:53:26 PM »
I dig them but never have enough time for them. I feel like id rather go for a run or jump rope for cardio purposes rather than use one of these.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 05:41:20 AM »
They really help people who for whatever reason can't run or jog.  I had two operations for a herniated disk and running is not recommended.  I've adapted to the trainer and get a pretty good workout--it's not running, but it's the next best thing for me.  It really takes the pounding off the joints and lower back yet it allows a pretty good cardio workout. 

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 06:56:13 AM »
I used to have one of these. I fried the bearings on the axle pretty quick and I don't think that it's because I'm such a stud. I think it was just a sub-par machine. But I always liked the workout because it got the whole body into action.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline SlyCanuck

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 06:59:31 AM »
I use the elliptical five days a week. Used to be a runner but I developed Achilles tendinitis. The elliptical is much easier on the body and I can still burn a lot of calories.
Help a bald brother out.  We are entered in a contest to win $5000 based on votes for our video.  If you have a facebook account, click on the link and please vote! http://teammysask411.com/winbig-vote/view/user/colleen

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 01:15:50 PM »

I like the elliptical myself. Wish I had more time to use on on a regular basis. I ren one season and never liked it or got into it. I use one at the YMCA that has a TV hooked up to it which relieves some of the monotony. I always get a great work out on the elliptical.

Enter your email address: