Author Topic: Teetering on that fence!  (Read 6226 times)

marty22

Re: Teetering on that fence!
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2011, 04:48:00 PM »
you might not be ready for us yet...welcome.

Offline Slick A

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2011, 05:58:54 PM »
Your head does not look like Gumby.  Your hair loss isn't even too bad.  I admit that it is significant for only being 24, but you don't look bad at all.  Some wise man on this forum once said that good looking guys are still good looking guys once they shave their heads and ones that aren't so good looking can only get better.  That is truth.  I look MUCH better since going sly.  You will probably look younger.  Try it for the summer.  (Isn't school out?) If you hate it, grow it back for the fall.

Offline Daven

• Super Sly
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2011, 06:19:55 PM »
Yeah, it's kinda a no-brainer that at a forum for bald guys you are only going to get  the shave it sly advise, but in your case, I gotta say keep some beard or van dyke but shave the head sly and I think you will rock the look. Post a pic when you do and read all the new guy forums, you will have white head for a while. Do the 30 day rule.
AKA Gimpy

Offline CraftyGuy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2011, 06:30:10 PM »
You are so gonna rock the sly/bearded look -- GO FOR IT!!
MikeC

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2011, 06:39:22 PM »
Your hairline and bald spot are very much like mine were.  The sly look will work well.

I agree with the other advice so far - go for it, stick it out for 30 days.  If you don't like it, the hair will be coming back by the time school's back in. 

Offline toastedbusters

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2011, 07:37:21 PM »
Thanks for all the kind words, fellas. I'm gonna do the deed once I get my hand on some clippers. Just get it done, right? NO more obsessing

MikeBrke

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2011, 07:34:04 AM »
I think you should shave it short, but not sly because you still have a lot of hair . Go to a 2 guard and see how that looks. Or, shave it sly and let it grow out to see how you like the various lengths.

Either way, I think shorter than what you have now would look better.

Offline baller

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2011, 08:01:28 AM »
Im myself in the process. Two days ago I had 4 inch long hair with somewhat of a combover. Aftrr three sessions Im now done to a 1 buzz and it feels better for each time I cut it. Either that or shave it all at once!

Enter your email address: