Author Topic: Well talked with my tattoo artist tonight for round 2  (Read 2885 times)

Offline Bolohead

• Bolohead
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • At 56 and still feeling GREAT!
    • Jon Erdmann - Photographer
Well talked with my tattoo artist tonight for round 2
« on: May 13, 2011, 11:28:45 PM »
That's right, gonna begin the work for the completion of both sides of what I already had done.  It will be something very special and along the same theme lines.  I will give him the idea, but will let his artistic tallent flow along those general guidelines.

Any guesses?

Offline Blitzed

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Well talked with my tattoo artist tonight for round 2
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 07:35:00 AM »
Artistic license is great but....it's your head. You already have a vision of what you want and it would be a great sorrow if what you got wasn't what you wanted. Even quite what you wanted. Not to offend your tattooist but....I think I'd ask for some preliminary sketches. This is something you both wish to be proud of and he, as much as you, wants to provide the work of art you both want.

At 67 I'm just beginning to acquire skin art. My feeling is by the time I'm dumped in my crypt, not much could have faded or run. Bravo to you and all the guys who get inked in their prime rather than in their desire to be like everyone else.

Offline aarrggh

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 08:40:01 AM »
  Heres some ideas for ya !

Offline Bolohead

• Bolohead
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 02:42:04 PM »
  Heres some ideas for ya !

I can hear Andy now, "Now Barney, what in taaaaarnation did you go and do now?"

I understand Blitzed, I have some ideas and will be meeting with him later this week.  He is inking my daughter right now, so I don't want to run over there.  But I have some ideas to blend with the first one, and am pretty sure my wife will really like it as well.  Not that I'm gaining her approval on what I desire for myself, but it is a design that she likes as well.

Offline Bolohead

• Bolohead
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 12:52:24 PM »
I have an idea for my next one, that changes what I had originally intended.

The person in the middle is my wife, and like several versions of the original version.  I wouldn't have the total color done, but have her head outlined like in the third pic.  I'm still kicking this around a bit, for just what I am looking for.
Original color print

Coloring page

Ink Stamped

Sketched, but in this one I would have the dolphin either dark or lightly greyed out or black.